Fore Size & Weighting

1. 6 years ago

So I understand via wiki: Force Size and Composition Weighting choices will influence the overall force composition. ALiVE will attempt to emulate realistic combined arms battle groups using equipment and vehicles available to that faction. Mission editors can overwrite this by forcing unbalanced groups in the Overrides if they choose (e.g. infantry only).

My question is with regards to it being explained in more detail if possible. When I choose 'Company (100)' from the list. Does that mean that there are 100 profiles on the map? Or is this some other measurement? For example, if I've got a faction like Syndikat or Takistan Militia that has weird groups of like 2 men, 4 men patrols in some cases, do those groups count as much as a 12 man squad?

Also, say I choose 'Light Infantry' for force weighting. Is it going to purely spawn Light Infantry? Or is there some ratio breakdown on what it wants to spawn like 75% Light Infantry, 15% Motorized, 10% Mechanized?

2. @thick1988 My question is with regards to it being explained in more detail if possible. When I choose 'Company (100)' from the list. Does that mean that there are 100 profiles on the map? Or is this some other measurement? For example, if I've got a faction like Syndikat or Takistan Militia that has weird groups of like 2 men, 4 men patrols in some cases, do those groups count as much as a 12 man squad?

No it doesn’t work this way. I agree it’s misleading. I don’t know the exact formula. Your best bet to get an exact count is to type the profile counter code into your esc menu debug menu and run it with local exec. You’ll see total groups for each side in the radio chat. Code found here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Profile_Counter

Also, say I choose 'Light Infantry' for force weighting. Is it going to purely spawn Light Infantry? Or is there some ratio breakdown on what it wants to spawn like 75% Light Infantry, 15% Motorized, 10% Mechanized?[/quote]

Again, not sure on the exact forumula (it might be on the wiki), but it won’t exclude other group types, just change the weighting as you described. I have seen instances where if you’re spawning a really small amount of total groups, certain types won’t spawn at all, but you can easily track this for your side either in the ALiVE menu sub menu called Operations, or for all sides by debugging the Virtual AI module.

3. Thanks @HeroesandvillainsOS for the info, I'll check into the script and see what I can make of it.

or Sign Up to reply!