AI commander not creating waypoints

1. 5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to mission making for alive but not the concept. However I have run into an issue which to those in my group who would be far more experienced at creating maps with ALIVE even call strange.

A mission I have made runs fine when locally hosted on my computer even tested with other people, however when uploaded to my server the ai commanders seem to not be creating any waypoints for any of the virtualised units.

The mods we are running other than alive and alive server are; CBA, All of CUP, ASRAI, ACE ,Spyder addons and GOS leskovets

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Mavvvy

2. Obviously this is not intended behavior. Could you make a quick sample mission with ALiVE and CBA only on the same map and see if it works better? That, or copy and paste your mission as is to another map to see if it works better that way?

If those are the only mods you’re using you should be be having an issue but I’ve never tried that map.

How many profiles and objectives are you spawning? We have had reports of frozen profiles when ridiculously absurd amounts of profiles are used so you could try cutting back too.

3. I think you are exactly right, filtering objectives down seems to have got it working. Basically I had split the map into two TAOR's for each faction and set the commanders to have at it, so probably too many objectives. I also cut down on the amount of groups down to 200 for both ai and military on either side. Not sure which of the above fixed it though need to test further.

Thanks for the help Heroes!!

4. I fired up Auburns Operation Reklamation, a battle with two invading AI commanders on each side. I let it run about 10 hours on a LAN server. After that time, I never saw any waypoints under the operations tab in the tablet. Also many land based units were out in the sea.
    No other mods than the ones needed for the mods. Plus a few mods like f/a-18 and the Nimitz.
    Pretty sure the units aren't supposed to fight in the middle of the ocean :)

5. @AUTigerGrad

or Sign Up to reply!