Question about logistics / custom objective

1. 5 years ago

So I'm currently using static logistics for insertion, but i'm not quite sure how the system actually works. My setup is as follows: A static logistics module with a custom objective next to it, with priority 999. I assumed this custom objective is the area where the chopper spawns and drops units, but it doesn't seem to be the case: Instead I see choppers spawn in the custom objective, only to fly to another objective / area to drop off units.

This creates the issue that I see a lot of logistics choppers hovering in places where they shouldn't be (which I at first assumed to be a VCOM bug, but later understood to be a necessity in ALiVE due to arma being arma), which causes a few of problems esp. with smaller maps, mostly with the choppers being shot down in huge amounts / explosion lag. Am I doing something wrong here? How do you guys do your logistics when you design your missions?

2. Is your issue that at the 999 cust obj where the choppers spawn, they sort of sit there as bait until they get their order to move? Or is your issue at the drop off points?

If the first one, I don’t think there’s anything you can do. I like to put it in a safe and as far out of the way place as possible. On small maps yeah this might not be easy.

or Sign Up to reply!