Some questions about MACC

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Franzo83

Hi,

I'm new to ArmA 3 mission editing with Alive and I have some questions about MACC module. I'm trying to make a scenario on Tanoa where the player should be a Blackfoot pilot, so I have placed a chopper and synced it to Virtual AI; for the rest, standard OPCOM - placements etc.
    I've also placed the MACC module, setting it to give the player tasks, and the C2IStar for autotasking. Now the questions:

• It's better to place directly the chopper or let the player be a pilot and place also an empty Blackfoot? Since the wiki suggests to place empty vehicles and let the MACC spawn the pilots.
    • Can a chopper receive tasks from MACC? My starting point is an airbase and I see the wipeouts prepare to take off for CAS, DCA and other stuff, but the player doesn't receive any ATO.
    • Last question, directly related to the previous one: Why I keep getting tasks for infantry (like CSAR, occupy village) instead of ATO missions? It's a conflict between MACC and C2Istar or I've setted something wrong?

Thank to anyone who will answer!

2. Edited 5 years ago by AngusDLX

From what I understood in the months using ALIVE and reading the forum, MACC will only give missions to the players if all assets is already being used and get more requests but this is VERY hard to happen. The MACC will create tasks for the players? Yes but unfortunately it is rare. The tasks created by OPCOM seem to have a higher priority.

EDIT: CSAR is more frequent than CAS this is because the bots in the air are too dumb and die easy (Sometimes I had to disable the MACC tasks to stops with CSAR spam lol)

A future solution may be to target only players in the helicopter / airplane pilot slot or else who is inside specific vehicles that have some sort of code so the MACC recognizes them and generate air missions (I may be talking shit lol) xD

3. Thanks a lot! So the kind of missions I'm getting are MACC missions? It seems strange that MACC gives me CSAR tasks while I'm an attack chopper.
    And if get rid of the MACC for now, can I still have appropriate tasks assigned as an attack chopper?

4. The Alive as far as I know seems to still not have something that makes distinction of the type of vehicle you are boarding to give you specific tasks.

The only solution I found was to use C2ISTAR to generate static tasks manually. Usually they will be generated where there are enemies in control but these specific targets are created on time only for the task by what I see, it is something fictional.

5. Ok, thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!