I activated the "C2ISTAR" Module option to allow Intel on Map and wonder what is the difference between this intel information and the one I can see within the C2ISTAR Intel menu.
I can see two different levels on information by every option. What I observed to far:
Intel option within the C2ISTAR Tablet
These information are pretty rough but can still tell me where some action is happening
- Shows all of my friendly units as NATO icon
- Shows enemy units that have been spotted by friendlies (mybe maps to: TACOM WEST found enemies when scanning for enemies: [["CFP_B_USARMY_WDL-entity_88",[6442.8,6533.85,0]]] ?)
- Shows sometimes a "Conflict" icon. But sometimes there are combat situations and no marker appears
Intel on Map by module option
These infos are pretty much more detailed but also very confusing for me.
- Shows events on stuff happening like:
- If a objective has been occupied by the enemy or friendlies
- If an insertion happens (saw this on the airfield so tells me a Logistics spawn happened) and its destination position
- Tells me KIAs. Now this is odd because I see blue KIA marker (which tell me a friendly died) somewhere deeply in enemy territory where, when enabling debug, no blue profiles actually are. Mybe it is a bug
- Shows actual enemy profiles. They also have the ALiVE number IDs i.e. e34, e101, e12, etc. I find this odd. Will it be replaced by NATO icons in the future?
- Movement arrows. They tell you where a unit is actually moving
I find the second options pretty good to be honest because these intel are pretty immersive. But I do not understand why these two ways of giving intel are separated? Is there a future plan to merge them together but at the moment they simply are tested out on their own?