Dedicated server issues (SOLVED)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

I know you said the mission is fresh but did you copy/paste from another mission or map?

Also, and this probably won't help, but from what I hear your load order is not optimal. Could you try moving CUP Terrains to the end of the mod line on both client and server?

3. Mission was made in 3DEN this morning and nothing was copy/pasted from other sources.

I've moved the CUP Terrain mods to the end of the mod lines, but nothing changed. Despite the CUP mods being loaded, I am still getting the 'No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Takistan'.' error.

Startup parameters:

./arma3server -ip=10.0.0.6 -port=2302 -cfg=/opt/arma3server/serverfiles/cfg/arma3-server.network.cfg -config=/opt/arma3server/serverfiles/cfg/arma3-server.server.cfg -mod=mods/@CBA_A3\;mods/@ALiVE\;mods/@rhs_afrf\;mods/@rhs_usf\;mods/@Leights_OPFOR_Pack_OFFICIAL\;mods/@CUP_Terrains_Core\;mods/@CUP_Terrains_Maps; -servermod=mods/@CUP_Terrains_Core\;mods/@CUP_Terrains_Maps -bepath= -autoinit -loadmissiontomemory -world=Takistan
  4. I think I actually get that error too. I'll have to double check. You see it right at mission start, correct? And when loading the map in the editor?

If so and its the same one, pretty sure it's harmless. I get it when I load Takistan and (oddly) Reshmaan. Don't quote me on that though. I'll check the error I get later.

5. The error occurs only on mission start on the Linux dedicated server - it does not happen in the editor (Windows client).

I've tried moving the mods to the root folder - no effect.

6. Edited 8 years ago by johnalive

I've fixed the issue, and it turns out it wasn't ALiVE related at all - on Linux, all mod folders and filenames must be entirely lowercase, otherwise they simply won't work. This is an easy fix:

shopt -s globstar
    rename -v -f 'y/A-Z/a-z/' mods/**

(shopt enables the ** recursive operator in bash)

Thanks for all your help trying to troubleshoot this!

or Sign Up to reply!