Weird performance/stutter issue in my created scenario.

1. 7 years ago

Hello guys,
    I just recently discovered your awsome work and I started making SP mission for my own enjoyment, however I've run into a performance problem. I've got a weird stutter issue. It freezes my game for 1 second in very regular intervals of exactly 11 seconds - annoying as hell. I'm not having any other problems with performance (I'm running the game at constant 60+ fps). Anyway I'll list the things that didn't help.

• I've thoroughly checked whether it's some graphics/rendering problem - it's not.
    • I've moved the game from HDD to SSD - no impact (only faster loading, and shorter initial setup of the modules)
    • I've been changing the number of AI groups spawned simultanously - no impact.
    • Changing the number of units in placement module - no impact.
    • Changing the number of AI Commanders from 3 to 2 - it might have made the freeze time a little bit shorter but the interval stayed the same.

Im also running a bunch of other mods and addons including MCC and ACE.
    So do you guys have any idea of where is this weird lag coming from? Any hint will be valuable to me. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

2. Oh its can be everything.
    First of all you should try to run the mission on any other PC to have a clue if that is not hardware problem.
    Try to change malloc option to

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi
  3. I'll try it. Also a thing I forgot to mention is that changing the game speed doesn't change the stutter interval.

4. The malloc thing didn't work.

5. Ok I think i got this. Apparently placing custom buildings on the map caused this (removing those resolved the issue)

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Could you report the objects (and mods they're from if applicable) back here please? Or to the mod authors if they're custom objects.

7. So those objects were - military camps (not sure if they are vanilla or not - they are called "Camp Fortitude", "Camp Endurance" and so on) and supply crates from MCC, ACE, RHS-USF, RHS-AFRF. That should be it (probably).

or Sign Up to reply!