Massi's Middle East Warfare/African Conflict

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

These two are not OPF_MTI_F vehicles..

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

They're being spawned by motorized OPF_MTI_F

Those are Massi vehicles and are showing up as enemy profiles in the virtual AI module when it's debugged.

The vehicles are showing up as red diamonds.

I'm not using your optional vehicles config (because it's optional). Should I be? Could that be what's causing the issue?

All I'm using is Massi's Middle East Warfare, your config patch, Massi's NATO Russian weapons and vehicles. I'm not using the optional config because I thought I didn't have to.

4. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

I do not knew what you are spawning there.
    Correct OPF_MTI_F vehicles are showed by this picture
    On the left vehicles, right motorized groups.

5. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What the heck? What's causing that? You are correct. Should I be using your optional vehicles config?

7. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

Sorry I am not a soothsayer, but obviously thats are CSAT vehicles.

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I edited my post. You are 100% correct. Should I be using your optional vehicles config then? I'm assuming that's what you use when you use this faction and the reason I see CSAT vehicles?

You said it was optional so I figured I didn't need it.

How do I use the optional vehicles config? Just toss it into the Addons folder of the config patch or launch it as a seperate mod?

9. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

The patch that i have created for my proposes has no any optional config.
    The optional config are created by Massi. Its adding mas vehicles "@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh" to the
    Middle East Warfare mod "@middle_East_Warfare". The optional config are needed.

10. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@DaVidoSS Here
    Optional config for mas_nato_rus_sf_veh included.
    Need be loaded with @middle_East_Warfare , @mas_nato_rus_sf_veh and @NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons

I bolded the part you said about including an optional config above. Maybe I just misunderstand you?

Here's what I did and maybe if you have the time you can tell me if I set this up correctly.

I downloaded Massi's Middle East Warfare and put his optional vehicles stuff in the main Addons folder. Every optional file was added to his main Addons folder.

I downloaded his NATO Russian Weapons and Vehicles.

When I launch the game, I run it with
    @mas_nato_russian_vehicles,
    @mas_nato_russian_weapons
    @mas_middle_east_warfare,
    @mas_compatibility_patch

I put your StaticData stuff in my StaticData.sqf file and I also have appropriately adjusted my init.sqf using your init.sqf code, and I'm using OPF_MTI_F as my only OPFOR faction.

I didn't move around any files from your compatibility patch. So if I was supposed to that could be the problem.

Would this be the correct way to use your patch?

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@DaVidoSS

Unfortunately I think there's an issue with the Takistani HD Insurgents post 1.60. Their night detection is almost literally zero. When they enter combat pace, for example, in some instances you can literally walk directly into them over and over and they won't engage or even acknowledge your presence.

This is when there are no light sources available.

Their behavior is fine in the daytime and in the night it's moderately ok when the player is near a light source, but when it's dark even if you touch them in some cases they don't aknowledge you.

I may try to edit the config patch to see how difficult it would be to remove every instance of "_hd". First I'll obviously see if the non-HD units behave better. Otherwise either Massi needs to patch this or I need to drop the faction.

12. Do not sow panic. They are alright. Give them NVG and check one more time.

13. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

How can I give them NVG's if I use the civ/mil/cust obj modules?

EDIT: Or wait. Were you saying for me to manually give some units NVG's just for testing purposes? Yes I know how to do that. :) But if you were telling me to equip the entire faction with NVG's, I'm not familiar with that process.

14. So Massi just told me he uses vanilla detection values and for his HD units, he only adjusts the weapons.

I'll test with vanilla units without NVG's to see if it's a game problem, which it must be.

15. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

or Sign Up to reply!