ALiVE Insurgency civilians

1. 6 years ago

Just curious at the moment are the civilians spawned by ALiVE "special" in any way?

Like if I was to not use the Civilian placement and Population modules but instead run a separate script for civilians, would the insurgency run as normal? I'm assuming not, I'm assuming there some special sauce going on in the background with civilians, but you never quite know with ALiVE.

Now if there is something special with ALiVE civilians is there a function you can call which will give the unit it's necessary features?

I'm mostly thinking about maps like FATA which have large dead spots when you spawn civs with ALiVE, but I can fill the place if I use something like Engima's civilian script. Also Engima's traffic script does such a great job of giving you civilian traffic that does surprisingly well at driving all over the place, it would be great to be able to use these scripts and have ALiVE still use the civilians for those troublesome maps.

2. Not possible, civilians belong to their environment. They have homes, vehicles, and routines which are specifically selected.

3. I figured as much. I was kind of hoping there was a function run on their creation which allocated all of these that I could run independently.

or Sign Up to reply!