Several questions regarding ALiVE.

1. 6 years ago

I will make this straight to the point because this has been quite annoying to fix so I thought I would ask here for help.

I am currently making a insurgency / conflict on the map of Gunkizli with the African Militia as the insurgents, the RACS as an independent faction and the USMC. All three factions hate each other. Now to my questions.

1.) Should the insurgents have a Civ Objective that places units across the map or just in a specific area and spread from there?

2.) I noticed the RACS (Royal Army Corp of Sahrani) does not use it's helos for transport / logistics / CAS. Is there a way to make them use it more often? I already made custom groups for them too.

3.) My player logistics is greyed out. I have a military logistics synced to the AI Commander and our base is an airfield with a custom military objective with a very high priority to insure it becomes a logistics hub. I also have the player combat logistics setup as well (Not synced to anything).

4.) When I try to use tasks from the Commander Tablet, it gives me no ability to select a player and/or players to give the task to. It's all empty. What am I doing wrong? I got the C2 module setup (and have tried replacing it several times).

2. For 1, that’s really up to you. If you do decided to keep them in a small area to start, but want them to eventually move outside of the area, make sure to either give them objectives outside the starting area, or sync their commander to objective modules for the other side (which are presumably set outside their initial spawn area).

For 2, for the Logistics part, unfortunately this has to do with the faction not having a logistics mapping included directly in ALiVE. You can override this yourself making a staticData file using the logistivs template from here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

Regarding them not using CAS or Transport, just remember Combat Support is a Player only feature.

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS For 1, that’s really up to you. If you do decided to keep them in a small area to start, but want them to eventually move outside of the area, make sure to either give them objectives outside the starting area, or sync their commander to objective modules for the other side (which are presumably set outside their initial spawn area).

For 2, for the Logistics part, unfortunately this has to do with the faction not having a logistics mapping included directly in ALiVE. You can override this yourself making a staticData file using the logistivs template from here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

Regarding them not using CAS or Transport, just remember Combat Support is a Player only feature.

So there is no way for them to use helo groups? What a shame :/

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Mannulus So there is no way for them to use helo groups? What a shame :/

They will use heil’s that are from their Commander faction that are virtualized. It’s just Combat Support is a Player only feature. Attack heli’s and stuff is fully supported for AI though.

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

For instance if they have virtualized attack heli’s, if the Commander senses a ground threat, such as armored vehicles, he will send these virtualized heli’s on combat runs.

6. I have yet to see him pull these aircraft. I even a unique group for him (2 AH-6 Littlebirds). Do these only spawn if as you say he detects a ground threat?

Also, I want to limit how many mechanized groups he can have at one time (6 for example) but I want him to be able to replenish back to 6 groups if one gets destroyed. Do I do that through the placement modules?

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If you want to limit an exact number of groups, you have to manually place the groups (with the group leader virtualized), then blacklist the group types in the objective modules so you don’t get more spawned. He will replenish them with the Military Logistics module.

For heli’s, don’t place groups unless they’ve been either made by you with ORBAT or are directly included as groups with the faction mod. Place them individually and virtualized them one by one. I’m not sure what exactly triggers them getting attack orders, but fairly sure ground infantry won’t be enough. Pretty sure they need a ground vehicle threat to have them sent on attack runs.

8. If that's the case, whats the point of the Override Mechanized option in the placement modules? Wouldn't that do the same thing or do I not understand the documentation for it?

9. No. It takes the value it would spawn by default without any override, then increases the spawns by the number you set. I know that confused me too.

10. @HeroesandvillainsOS No. It takes the value it would spawn by default without any override, then increases the spawns by the number you set. I know that confused me too.

That should be a feature then. A lot easier than having to manually put units down.

How do I spawn a group I made in ORBAT into the editor then?

11. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The same way you’d spawn any group. ORBAT simply is a faction making mod tool. Though be advised, I wouldn’t personally ever try making air groups. Due to the randomness of the spawning system, I’d imagine they’d spawn in odd places and probably explode.

Your best bet would be to manually place the heli’s and virtualized then, or allow them to be spawned with the air assets option in the MIL Obj module.

12. Edited 6 years ago by Mannulus

@HeroesandvillainsOS The same way you’d spawn any group. ORBAT simply is a faction making mod tool. Though be advised, I wouldn’t personally ever try making air groups. Due to the randomness of the spawning system, I’d imagine they’d spawn in odd places and probably explode.

Your best bet would be to manually place the heli’s and virtualized then, or allow them to be spawned with the air assets option in the MIL Obj module.

Well I made a Mechanized Group using an M113 but I don't see it in my editor. I exported the config to the description.ext as required too (made no changes to the loadouts so I did not pack it into a pbo).

Edit: Know anyone who could help my #3 and #4 issue?

13. I’m not an ORBAT expert so that’s out of my league. For 3 and 4, without more info or seeing the mission, it’s hard for probably anyone to say. For 3 you said you have Combat Support placed. Is Player Combat Support placed too?

For tasking, have you put the correct factions in the tasking override?

14. Edited 6 years ago by Mannulus

-image-

-image-

-image-

I believe so.

15. Just eyeballing it that all looks fine. Just curious, for the tasking, if you change the ALiVE tablet object in the module with LaserDesignator, can you select the players within the task section in the menu with a laser designator in your inventory?

I assume your player unit is RHS USMC WD?

16. @HeroesandvillainsOS Just eyeballing it that all looks fine. Just curious, for the tasking, if you change the ALiVE tablet object in the module with LaserDesignator, can you select the players within the task section in the menu with a laser designator in your inventory?

I assume your player unit is RHS USMC WD?

Tried both, same thing.

And if you mean by faction, yes.

17. I really can’t say. Can you set up a simple mission with just ALiVE and CBA and see if the problem occurs? If so post it here and I’ll take a look.

18. Also, I think it might have to do with RHS itself. Changing the faction from the marine faction name to BLU_F fixes everything. Strange.

19. Looking into ORBAT, all the USMC factions are incompatible. Going to try to convert them to be all compatible and then look again.

20. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The RHS faction you are using is compatible. I mapped them myself and that mapping is included in ALiVE. Not only did I group them, but I also added Logistics assets and made their vehicles and ammo boxes spawnable as well. It should be very thorough and complete. What exactly “gets fixed” when you change it from them to BLU_F?

What’s working for USMC WD and what isn’t? I’d like to see this. Can you post a simple mission with them as the faction?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!