ALiVE stuck on generating sector data

1. 6 years ago

It's been stuck on the generating sector data for a while and i did the step it said to in the wiki, are there any other steps i should be taking or am i missing something? Log files have no issue either. Not sure if it should be taking 2 hours though. The map I'm indexing is Kerama.

2. not sure if it worked because i'm getting an error with data.kerama.sqf and an undefined variable in alive_factiondefaultairtransport on line 1792

3. Friznit

6 Jan 2018 Administrator

When this happens with me it's usually one of two things I'm doing wrong: either I don't have the additional scripts in the mission folder or I've forgotten to turn filepatching on.

Check the data file is closed off properly with a semicolon ;
    air transport thing is unrelated

4. it looks like data.kerama.sqf just doesn't exist in the first place not sure if that's a bad index or not

5. Friznit

7 Jan 2018 Administrator

Yeah that hasn't worked then. The static data file should be there.

6. Edited 6 years ago by pathoz

very strange. well the static data file is there but it's not named data.kerama it's kerama_staticData.sqf unless that is a different file. this is my x folder

7. so i got it to work, i had to turn on all the things inside the launcher by each vs using the command line and i also named the mission index which i missed and it worked immediately, thanks for the help!

or Sign Up to reply!