Spawning ALiVE units

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by SCAR

Hello!

Still in the optic of a proper integration with UCM , is there a way to force the spawning of virtualized units if in a specific area?

That would allow me to finalize a proper integration :)

Best,
    _SCAR

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hey Scar. Dev has slowed down a bit due to the holidays, so I don’t want you to think you’re being ignored. Assuming you’re looking for the coding logic behind how profiles spawn so you’ll probably need to hang tight for a dev get some time to reply. Obviously for mission based solutions, you can force spawns with custom objectives, though I’m sure you’re after the code bits for your mod, in which case, you may need to hold tight for awhile until things pick back up.

3. Edited 6 years ago by SCAR

Thank you @HeroesandvillainsOS. I already use custom objectives, those don’t do much unless there are players around it.

I have already investigated the code, and unfortunately the profileSpawner and the profileDespawner both do not allow much for integration. Even if I were to write my own spawner / despawner, it would interfere with those two. I do have a solution for this but it would require a "hacky" approach that I want to leave as a last resort.

Instead, I have a little idea that I need to try out. Both of them rely on anyPlayersInRange to decide whether to spawn / despawn units, which calls allPlayers . The interesting thing about that is that allPlayers returns not only players but also all connected Headless Clients. I am hoping to manage somewhat to create a HeadlessClient_F in the construction area that arma thinks is connected which, in turn, would make ALiVE spawn units.

It's a long shot though because I don’t think this achievable, and even if it works, it would only do so in multiplayer. Any other ideas welcome.

4. What about spawning a UAV and making it invisible? ALiVE will spawn units if a player-controlled UAV is within range perhaps there is a way to make that work?

5. Edited 6 years ago by SCAR

I thought about that, but unfortunately as you say the vehicle needs to be connected to a player ... I wouldn't know how to do that without actually affecting a player's playability...

6. Edited 6 years ago by SCAR

I might combine the two suggestions, create a HeadlessClient_F and then hc connectTerminalToUAV uav1 but haven't tried it yet, I doubt that it'd work. Will give it a go :)

7. Ok none of those options work. Unless someone can allow ALiVE to integrate easily I will have to abandon or hack into it.

or Sign Up to reply!