Trying to make a single player mission where the player starts in a placed squad. Need help

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Plzhelp65

I'm making a single player mission where the player starts in an AI controlled squad with the squad leader synced to the virtual AI system. Whenever i preview the mission the entire squad disappears except the player. This ONLY happens when the player is part of the squad, when the player is removed from the squad in the editor it functions like it should.

I have been googling for hours trying to make this work but i could only find two people who match my problem. One on this forum and one on the steam workshop's comment section. None of them were answered which is why i am here.

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You cannot join a virtual group that way. No player should ever be virtualized, and no group he’s in either.

If you want to join a virtual group, place the player in the editor alone, not grouped to anything; not synced to anything. Open the ALiVE Menu (app menu key by default), click on Commander Actions, then Operations, then click on the group on the interactive map you want to join. After clicking on the group, you will see an option to join them (though note this feature is not 100% reliable).

Fairly certain The C2ISTAR module needs to be placed to use this feature.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Plzhelp65

You cannot join a virtual group that way. No player should ever be virtualized, and no group he’s in either.

Is there any way to make it work or is it absolutely impossible? I managed to get into a virtual squad using Zeus' remote control just now and nobody disappeared so is there something i can do to get this to work through the editor?

This mission is for personal use so i do not mind if it is extremely buggy or something like that. The only reason i don't use the built in group option is because you can't pick what class you wanna play as.

4. No the way I described is the only way as far as I’m aware. Why not just play as a non-virtualized group of you and some AI and just venture where the fighting is?

That’s what I do. I use Spyder Addons too which has a module you can sync to an object to recruit AI.

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS No the way I described is the only way as far as I’m aware. Why not just play as a non-virtualized group of you and some AI and just venture where the fighting is?

That’s what I do. I use Spyder Addons too which has a module you can sync to an object to recruit AI.

Oh well. Thanks anyways man.

or Sign Up to reply!