Server save and exit not working

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Nice. Though I don’t see why that one mission won’t save for you. It’s set up the same way and requires almost no unneeded mods. Well if you figure that out let me know.

3. Edited 6 years ago by M.Shifty

Yeah for some reason it's specifically the Malden mission that I made and the Tanoa version you linked me to. I found that when the nato faction was rhs_usarmy_d (not sure if thats the exact name) but either way US army from RHS, the server save and exit (persistence) does not work.

I tried to modify the by the sword to isolate the problem and thats where I ended up hitting a brick wall. Also @HeroesandvillainsOS when I go into your mission the logistics module is greyed out for me? Is that intended? I was looking for a fix for it. Only way I ended up getting it working was changing the faction and playable units to the RHS US army faction but in doing so seemed to break the persistence. I'll keep you updated if I find anything else, currently in the process of upgrading our server so it might take a little bit.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Lol what? It’s grayed out as in, you double click to open it and the options can’t be edited? Or you can’t even open it at all? I’ve never ever seen that. Ever.

To be fair, that specific mission I don’t touch much because CLA Clafghan has some issues. But last I tried it was ok. I’ll take a peek when I have some time though. Weird issue.

EDIT: You mean in the editor or its grayed out the tablet in game? First thing I’d do either way is delete and replace the module. You could try that I guess.

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS as in when I am in game the logistics option doesn't work. When I click operations it says theres no OPCOM? Not sure whats going on here but the units are still the rhs usmc d like you had them setup.

6. Thanks guys for all the help, glad its finally working somewhat its been puzzling me for ages. :D

7. @M.Shifty @HeroesandvillainsOS as in when I am in game the logistics option doesn't work. When I click operations it says theres no OPCOM? Not sure whats going on here but the units are still the rhs usmc d like you had them setup.

Hmm. Gonna guess maybe the modules need to be deleted and replaced. ALiVE did some re-work on some of the modules a few months back, and considering I don’t play this one really (again due to the map having issues) I doubt I saw the sense in keeping it maintained.

Most of my other ones should work. You can see my update dates on the mission Workshop pages.

8. ^^^ In the event you try others, to spare you trial and error, I’ve played Inshallah and Battle of Sangin recently and both work fine.

9. Awesome thanks man! I've been trouble shooting this server save and exit thing, it seems to be related to rhs_usarmy_d

When I tried changing the factions by placing new modules it broke the server save and exit. However when I used those same modules with rhs_usmc_d the same issue of logistics and opcom presented itself. Strange, might be a bug?

10. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@M.Shifty Awesome thanks man! I've been trouble shooting this server save and exit thing, it seems to be related to rhs_usarmy_d

When I tried changing the factions by placing new modules it broke the server save and exit. However when I used those same modules with rhs_usmc_d the same issue of logistics and opcom presented itself. Strange, might be a bug?

Maybe. Though that still doesn’t explain your overall persistence issue with my Tanoa showcase, because that uses vanilla factions and requires no outside mods aside from Spyder Addons.

I think at this stage it would best to make your own mission from scratch. ALiVE and CBA only. See if it works (if not, post the missionhere). If it does, then and only then add your modded factions of choice. If it breaks then, post that modded mission here instead and I’ll take a look-see.

Either way, make something. If it doesn’t work I’ll take peek (start with vanilla first).

11. remade the mission with very limited mods so we could try playing it on the server. For some reason save and exit still isnt working.

Mods were
    cba, ALIVE,ace,acex,spyder_addons and tfar to make sure everything we needed was working. Not sure whats going on but its back to the original issue (running on a dedicated server)

I've included the rpt here and a mission pbo incase you need it. Figured ace and tfar wouldnt break anything since on the sample missions it seems to do ok? Any advice on what I'm doing wrong would be great, thanks again guys!

rpt:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5rov8utjhtpo3e/arma3server_x64_2018-02-26_19-28-09.rpt.txt?dl=0

mission:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnyefpyypsmwgyd/Landfall_Vanilla.Malden.pbo?dl=0

12. Can you remove the dependencies aside from ALiVE, CBA and Spyder Addons, try it and if it doesn’t work post it back here?

13. ^^^ Actually, along with that, try this:

Load the mission locally on your computer. No dedi. Host a LAN session and see if it saves there.

14. WIlco, I'll let you guys know once I get back to my place this week.

15. Just to confirm, you want me to try loading it in the editor and hosting it from there?

16. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@M.Shifty Just to confirm, you want me to try loading it in the editor and hosting it from there?

No. I mean you can, but this is what I was thinking:

Put the mission PBO in your MP Missions folder in your Arma 3 root folder. Then when in-game, click on Multiplayer and host your own session. Select the map, then the mission, start the mission then save it by clicking server save and exit.

Then close the game, follow the steps above to start the mission again and see if it loads properly when you select the mission again.

or Sign Up to reply!