So have an idea

1. 5 years ago

So have an idea , not sure if this is the right topic to post under, but here we go.

The Idea is a multi unit cooperative Alive server.

The short version is each unit gets a detachment to run in their style,

A google document with my rambling's
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTp7jjeFFYuTXg8Teeenhdq5DRffNnAUbxUUdZ2eP0Q/edit?usp=sharing

If you're interested, drop me a message in here and I'll send you a teamspeak IP or discord name

2. @YonV if you are looking for something along those lines we already run something similar. If you are interested in seeing how we do it drop me a message and we can talk about what we do. I do have a few questions about using AWS as the server host. It sounds like a good thing to have but I haven't tried it yet.

3. I have a similar plan.

I have my own squad that is deployed in the map and can play alongside BLUFOR OPCOM.
    And then I want to drop another squad for "guest" players where they can take part in the campaign but are not bound to our groups tasks.

You meant something like that?

4. I tend to only work large scale :)

5. O and for AWS, if you're looking to have the server run 24/7 7 days a week, AWS is not the most cost effective, but we use it for a training server and testing server, and only turn it on when it's needed, which gives up a nice powerful server at little cost for the few hours we use it

or Sign Up to reply!