Change ORBAT faction subgroup display names?

1. 5 years ago

I've created a faction using the RHS US Army faction as its base. When selecting single infantry units, the name for the subgroup is "Infantry (OEF-CP)". I was wondering if I am able to change the name of that subgroup, and possibly add more subgroups and split units up between them.

2. Not without manually editing the configs. Each subcategory needs to have a config entry.

3. Edited 5 years ago by dev614

@SpyderBlack723 Not without manually editing the configs. Each subcategory needs to have a config entry.

Right, how would I go about that? I've edited the configs to change the name of the group categories (i.e. instead of just "Infantry" I've changed the group name to "Infantry (Rangers)", "Infantry (MARSOC)", "Special Forces (SF)" etc. etc.)

I just don't know how to go about editing the single units category name that it inherits from whatever soldier it was based from. I would like to change "Infantry" (the RHS USMC faction singular units category, comparable to NATO's "Men") to a similar set up as the group names, "Men (Rangers)", "Men (MARSOC), "Men (SF)", "Men (SEALs)", etc. etc.

I know I'd have to manually place the CfgVehicle classes under each subcategory, I just have no idea how to declare the subcategory in order to place the units under them.

4. The config entry for editor categories is completely separate. I haven't looked at this stuff in a long time so I don't know what it is specifically, but try checking for something like CfgVehicles >> editorSubcategory

5. @SpyderBlack723 The config entry for editor categories is completely separate. I haven't looked at this stuff in a long time so I don't know what it is specifically, but try checking for something like CfgVehicles >> editorSubcategory

Found it! Thank you very much, I now have the subcategories changed to suit each unit within the faction.

6. Glad you got it

or Sign Up to reply!