ALIVE Civ spawning opfor

1. 5 years ago

Been working on learning the Alive modules and setting up a campaign for my unit, i've gotten pretty much everything sorted out basic's wise(i eventually need to learn how to do the description.ext's for multiple factions for future campaigns.) Currently I have not been able to get any Civ spawning to work, I can see the Civ spawn zones and markers in the Virtual space, To test this i currently made a TAOR CIV1 for an area that shouldnt have any opfor or blufor to spawn, i've tested with CIV_F and CUP_C_CHERNARUS and when i move Zeus over to said area, AAF spawn instead of civilians. Any insight on this would be appreciated, as not having CIV presence for the aspect of this campaign just doesn't set the Ambient feel that id like. -image--image--image--image--image--image--image--image-

2. Create a quick test mission with civ markers and TAORs set up - make sure your civ placement modules are set to no filtering (ie: do not filter out any objectives) and see if you can get them to spawn. Usually this issue is that they are set to filter low priority objectives and ALiVE is detecting all objectives within the TAOR as low prio.

3. I''l give that a try, and i'm pretty sure the filters are set to "do not filter" Ill test it on this map and a base arma map.

4. Edited 5 years ago by Scion Of Darkness

Checked it on Altis ( copy pasted from my test on Winter panthera) Looks like its the map itself. well crap.... Odd tho that the AI OPFOR/Blufor will use buildings tho with the same Priority filters (unless those somehow are different.) As everything seems to place correctly with the other sides just not Civilians.

5. A Military Logistics module has to be synced to a Military AI Commander module. There is no allowed use case for placing one then not syncing it to a commander (that I’m aware).

That probably won’t solve your problem but first we need to ensure you’re making the mission using the modules correctly.

6. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Also, how can we be sure the civs you are using are even designed to spawn in the first place? I’m not familiar with that faction name. Get CIV_F spawning first then try custom 3rd party civs once things are working well.

7. @HeroesandvillainsOS A Military Logistics module has to be synced to a Military AI Commander module. There is no allowed use case for placing one then not syncing it to a commander (that I’m aware).

That probably won’t solve your problem but first we need to ensure you’re making the mission using the modules correctly.

I was in the middle of setting a few commanders up at the time i started working on the civilians. That's all sorted out now.

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS Also, how can we be sure the civs you are using are even designed to spawn in the first place? I’m not familiar with that faction name. Get CIV_F spawning first then try custom 3rd party civs once things are working well.

I tested it on Altis and CUP_C_CHERNARUS works. CIV_F also works on altis, both do not on Panthera. I'm currently taking my modules from my current scenario that im having issues with and pasting it onto Altis to see if the Issue of spawning is due to settings or map based issues.

9. Edited 5 years ago by Scion Of Darkness

Just tested, It does work on Altis. So Winter Panthera Civ Modules will not work properly.
    -image- -image-

10. Ah ok. It may be the map is not indexed properly to work fully with ALiVE right now. This is most likely the correct answer and not something you’re doing wrong, assuming you have filtering off and civ buildings covered for your spawn area (at least to test).

11. Well, looks like Zeus will have to place Civ's down xD On a side note, is there a list somewhere on the forum of maps that are known to fully work with Alive (that are not base arma?) Just for less headaches in the future. i spent over 2-3 hours trying to screw around and watch videos and never thought it could have been map based.

12. Yeah here, though it's probably missing some maps that are indexed, and probably includes maps that need reindexing: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

I suggest always making a sample mission with all the modules you need, and testing that first, on any map you're unsure of before committing to making a full blown mission.

or Sign Up to reply!