Enemy Air

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by aah11b

I still have some confusion about enemy air units. Do I have to place a player support unit for the enemy AI commander? Do I need to place combat support modules for each aircraft type on the enemy airfield? Ever since I have been using this mod (2 weeks), I have yet to have any enemy aircraft attack me.

Do I need separate HQs for both the AI friendly commander as well as air? What are the functions of the HQs anyway? What do they do? What is the difference between HQs and field HQs?

I don't understand why there is a drop-down menu for placing air units. If I already have the combat support CAS module on the map, isn't this telling for Alive to place aircraft there? And I never see any anti-air units on the maps. Not saying they are not there, I have just never seen them, because I never get attacked by enemy aircraft.

Also, what is the purpose of ambient vehicles?

And the IED and CQB modules... Do i need just one of these each, or do I need one on each location where I want these things to appear?

Thanks.

2. For IED and CQB, you’re really only going to want to place one module down (one every location you want these to appear in). In the modules, you will define where they can or cannot spawn, either by placing markers down on the map, naming them, then putting that name in the whitelist/TAOR section for the places you want these to spawn, or alternatively by placing markers down where you don’t want them to spawn, naming the markers, and putting those names in the module’s blacklist field.

Our wiki is a useful guide. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

As is our Insurgency/Asymmetric Commander guide: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

I have a crap ton of missions on Steam you can unpack and learn from if you want too. Sometimes “seeing” is an easier way to learn: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198240197958/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

3. Thanks, I've read a lot of the wiki guide and I still had these questions. I missed a few pages I guess, esp. the insurgent page. I'll read it. I definitely learn better seeing it. I'll look for your missions on Steam. Thanks.

4. No problem. I realize it takes awhile to learn. Two quick things about my ops. In my insurgencies, I tend to use 2 CQB modules (one synced to the Asymmetric Commander, one free standing for the Invasion/Occupation Commander. This is an unusual use of CQB, so the recommended way would probably be just to use one CQB instead and sync that to the Asymmetric Commander). I also don’t use the Air Commander much so I can’t help you much there.

5. Having trouble finding you on Steam, because I use it as little as possible (for 6 years and never been a big fan). How do you find a person on Steam? I typed in your name and a bunch of unrelated stuff came up.

6. Edited 5 years ago by aah11b

And I have never seen a civilian person nor a civilian vehicle on here, in spite of trying Spyder's Vehicle spawner, the civilian placement and population modules. I thought they didn't need to be linked to anything. So I'm thinking it will be difficult to use asymmetric warfare with no civis showing up. I refer them to the markers. I have tried the RED1/BLUE1 markers as well as creating a civ1 marker. I have tried overlapping them, and separating them. Nothing seems to work. I see a bunch of little green dots inside a big green circle, but no people in these locations. I use CIV_F faction for all of this.

7. Click the link above in my post with links right up there ^^^ to find my Steam. The same post where I linked the wiki. Sounds like you want a decent Insurgency setup. Grab the one called Inshallah on the first page, DL the PBO, unpack it (with PBO Manager if you don’t already have it) and take a peek in the editor.

8. Doh, didn't even see it. I'm blind. Ha.

9. Deleted 5 years ago by aah11b

or Sign Up to reply!