Adding combat support post-init

1. 3 years ago

I am trying to add artillery post-init following the directions from the script snippets section of the wiki.

This works great:

["TRANSPORT",[[21172.67,7374.092,0],60,"B_Heli_Transport_03_F","CH-67 Huron","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;sleep 1800;["WEST","TRANSPORT","CH-67 Huron"] call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

This doesn't...

["ARTILLERY",[[21197.36,7371.373,0],60,"B_MBT_01_arty_F","Sholef","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;sleep 1800;["WEST","ARTILLERY","Sholef"] call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

Any ideas on why it doesn't work? I have tried switching "ARTILLERY" for "ARTY" but it was a no go. Any help would be appreciated.

2. It should be "ARTY" instead of "ARTILLERY". Not sure why it's not working though, perhaps the sleep isn't working?

3. I appreciate the response. I should have stated that I can't get the arty to spawn at all. If you don't mind, would you fire up a simple mission and give it a quick test? I have tried with "ARTY", but the directions do say to use "ARTILLERY". I believe that I thought the same exact thing as you. The wiki combat support directions specifically say "ARTY" :) However, the ALiVE scrip snippets for calling CS post-init say otherwise.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

_type : The type of combat support, can be "CAS","TRANSPORT","ARTILLERY"

_settings: Array of settings
    0: Position of vehicle
    1: Direction of vehicle
    2: Classname of vehicle
    3: Callsign of vehicle (string)
    4: Code to be ran on vehicle spawn
    5: Height of vehicle

Example:

["TRANSPORT",[[1849.21,5805.27,0],60,"B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","VICTOR 1","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

["CAS",[[1849.21,5805.27,0],60,"B_Heli_Attack_01_F","Phantom 1","",""]] Call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd;

As far as the sleep command goes, it works great with TRANSPORT and CAS. Very useful for what I am trying to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated!

4. I'll give it a try this weekend. In the mean time you could try out discord, it's a bit more active so someone might be able to help you until I'm able to give it a try. https://discord.gg/Z3cYUwJ

5. Alright, the syntax is as follows:

[
        "ARTY",                         // CS type
        [
            [21197.36, 7371.373, 0],    // Position
            "B_MBT_01_arty_F",          // Classname
            "Sholef2",                  // Callsign
            3,                          // Number of units/vehicles to spawn
            [                           // Number of available rounds
                ["HE",      10],
                ["ILLUM",   10],
                ["SMOKE",   10],