Taliban reinforcements spawn

1. 8 years ago

So I have a mission with Taliban as the invading force.
    I have set a 999 priority custom obj as their spawn way out in the mountains of clafghan. I want to set it up so Taliban SPAWN in this areas (it's way out of the road. No players will ever see it) and push on foot to my other custom objectives.
    How should I set this up?
    I had it on static but the enemy just started appearing/spawning around my custom objectives after we had cleared them. I need them to reinforce from their spawn and move to recapture lost objs.
    I also don't know if it's better to have a limited forcepool or set it to dynamic. I want them to eventually run out if we hold all objectives.

2. Edited 8 years ago by ghosteez

From what I've gathered asking similar questions, you might be able to set a small TAOR and they will push out and advance from there given the right objectives..

I was asking for an asymmetric mission but it sounds like it should work in theory the same way.

If you want them to run out once you are holding all objectives that is what dynamic is for.. the more they hold, the better, the less, the worse off they are.. etc..

3. When they get killed in battle or at objectives I want them to reinforce/spawn at a custom obj of my choosing only. I don't want Taliban trucks, helis or para drops. Just spawn at custom obj and move to other objectives.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Simple spawning is not available in ALiVE for reinforcements (unless you script it). All reinforcements (BCR's) are brought in through some form of insertion (airdrop, standard, heli etc)

5. I don't mind the airdrop as long as it only happens at the custom spawn I set to 999 priority (way out in the mountains where we won't see it). How can I achieve this.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Setting the priority to 999 and syncing it to the appropriate commander should do the trick. Remember to set the reinforcement type in the Military Logistics module to static so it only uses one location. As long as that objective is under Taliban control they should receive reinforcements there.

Edit: Military Logistics won't work with asymmetric commandersbif that's what you're using.

7. Yeah I'm using invasion mode.
    I currently have a custom obj (empty, no composition) in the mountains way out of sight with around 20 groups. (Should I have this empty?) All other custom obj have the units needed for my mission to run.
    I have a number of other custom obj around the valley on hilltops/ambush spots ranging in priority from 500 down to 10 depending on how good a fighting position it is and how much I want Taliban to try holding it.

So a logistics module set to static will ensure the Taliban only reinforce from the 999 priority only?
    Ps it is not setup as an obj for blufor so it will never come under attack.

1 more question.
    After I take one of the objectives from the Taliban what is the best way to get Afghan army to come hold it? (Ai commander has it as an obj)
    Give waypoint to closest units? Will they stay there?

When I go into tablet it only lets me give waypoints to marines who I only want to stay at main base. I want ANA to do all the holding of objectives we take.
    Cheers

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Your custom objective setup sounds fine.

What side is the Afghan Army? If it's the same side as the marines you can set tit so that you can control all unit's of your side in the C2ISTAR module.

9. ANA are blufor like marines. I think I had C2ISTAR set to side. 2 commanders showed up at bottom of tablet in operations section but both only let me see Marines on bluforce tracker. No ANA.
    Should I sync my playable marines to ANA commander or Marine commander or does that do anything?

10. ANA are blufor like marines. I think I'll give it a go.
    Should I sync my playable marines to ANA commander or Marine commander or does that do anything?

11. Syncing units to commanders should never be done. There is functionality there. The only module you should sync units to is the Virtual AI system module, never sync players to that module though. If your ANA forces are manually placed in the editor, syncing them to the virtual AI system would ensure they are profiled and can be used by the Blufor commander.

12. Thanks I'll give it a whirl

or Sign Up to reply!