[SOLVED] ALiVE Persistence not working with [] FIXED

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Eaglestrike999

FIXED
    Just tested it, works perfectly, seems the []'s was the problem, will update the title with the fix.

Hi all,

First off, can you do a full wipe of our 40 Commando RM group, we have removed all the users and if you could just delete it completely so we can make a new group that would be great, we have a feeling the group is what is preventing persistence from working although we don't really have a clue at this stage.

Secondly as I said in the title, we haven't had persistence working on our new deployment for awhile now, we have tried everything we can think of and I'll list everything we have tried/checked below as well as our logs and RPT's, but if you can help us out it would be much appreciated.

Ok so things we have tried/checked:
    • Batch files are running @Alive and @AliveServer with no typo's.
    • Unblocked the ALiVE Config file.
    • Ensured @AliveServer is fully up-to-date.
    • Checked and re-checked that all the modules have the correct settings (i.e Persistence YES), and that they are all placed down:
    Alive Data, Alive Player Options, Alive Virtual AI System, and all other modules have Persistence on YES.
    • Checked the information on the ALiVE War Room group is correct and up-to-date.

Here's our RPT's and logs:
    Mission Running (With ALL MODS)
    RPT:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk5mea5zjva4nqj/arma3server_2015-11-15_15-20-16.rpt?dl=0

Alive CFG:
    Didn't generate.

Alive Server Plugin:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/29j0lr6b6th0ddg/aliveplugin_2015-11-15_15-21.txt?dl=0

If needed I can provide you with all of the above for the mission running just the map, alive and alive server, just didn't have the time when writing this post up. Seriously hoping it's not going to be a stupid mistake after all this effort gone into checking it :P

2. Tupolov

16 Nov 2015 Administrator

From the logs, it looks like persistence is working fine.

What issue are you seeing?

3. Edited 8 years ago by Eaglestrike999

Which is why im so baffled. The mission starts fine, connects to the war room fine, Server Save and Exit works, but then when we shut down the server and restart it, the mission starts from scratch with no persistence and connects to the war room and does everything i mentioned before. It's only when we restart the server that persistence resets.

4. Tupolov

18 Nov 2015 Administrator

How do you know the mission starts from stratch?

Can you confirm what your respawnOnStart setting is in your mission?

Can you post the logs from a session where you load from a saved state?

5. The mission starts from scratch in the sense that whenever I launch it and move vehicles, objects (with R3F and yes we do have the R3F fix in the mission file), and obviously players, do a Server Save and Exit, when we restart, everything is back to how it was as if the mission has started from scratch, meaning the vehicles, objects and players have reset back to the mission default and aren't where we left them before the Server Save and Exit.

I can confirm my respawnOnStart is set to -1.

The logs I gave you there are from a session where we load from a saved state unless there is a specific way to have a server load a saved state? The way we have been testing for persistence is launching the mission file, moving vehicles, objects and players around, then doing a Server Save and Exit and shutting the server down once this is complete. We then re-launch the server and same mission file, and it is just the same as when we first launched it, with the vehicles, objects and players positions (as well as other things such as time, enemies etc) not being persistent.

6. Tupolov

24 Nov 2015 Administrator

Ok looking at the logs a little more. It is loading everything fine, but there appears to be an error with saving a player, profiles, OPCOM, CQB and logistics! eek.

Can you remove the [40CDO] from the mission name and try again?

7. Just tested it, works perfectly, seems the []'s was the problem, will update the title with the fix.

Thanks for your help mate.

or Sign Up to reply!