ALiVE Persistence - Loading too fast

1. 9 years ago

So I have had an issue with Persistence taking an extra couple of minutes to load up. From what I have heard persistence should load up almost instantly, but this doesn't happen. When restart the server and join it as the server is loading up I don't get put back into the position I was before. Now if players who join after me a few minutes later, their data is loaded correctly and they are spawned where they last saved. So I'm guessing what I have to do is use this line of code to fix this issue:

"waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])};"

Should I just put this in the init.sqf and the persistence should load correctly or is their a better way of doing this. Here is my init.sqf: http://pastebin.com/CbfaHWeJ

2. Friznit

22 Dec 2014 Administrator

That's what I do. Seems to work well. Freshly started servers always appear to have some funky issues. Seems to be an ArmA3 thing rather than ALiVE specifically though.

3. Nice, im having problems with this.

Thanks

4. highhead

28 Dec 2014 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by highhead

Hi!

On the first server start everything takes longer, seems to be related to objects/textures/scripts beeing loaded to RAM on first server start. Please be patient when loading up a complex persistent mission, depending on the load it can take longer.

If you use Player persistence you indeed should use the waituntil (with a timeout) so players dont get into the game before their persistent player data has been loaded.

_start = time;
    waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false]) || ((time - _start) > 30)};

please tell me if that helps!

or Sign Up to reply!