How to get more Civ AI's added?

1. 9 years ago

How can I intensify the feeling of presence? I want more Civ AI's populating the civ obj. I want the streets to be filled and Civ's running around all over the place.

2. In the civ modules you can set the level of presence and adjust the filter levels. See here for more info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Civilian_Placement

In the Civ Pop module there are settings for # of civs (ie: low - high) and you can adjust the max # of civs to spawn at any one time (default is 25 IIRC)

3. I use the map of Stratis and have only black listed the airfield. Civ pop module is set to high with a limit of 50000(!) but there is only like 10 civ's in Agia Marina mostly inside houses. I want it to be more like a hundred civ's in a village like that.

4. 100 Might lag a bit but you can place down multiple Civilian Placement modules, set them to extreme and then keep placing them until you have an acceptable number of civilians.

5. Friznit

13 Apr 2015 Administrator

Or there's the old workaround of adding a CQB module with CIV_F faction!

6. Never thought of that one

7. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

This thread is pretty old so I'm wondering how accurate this information is now. I'm trying to come up with a method for spawning more civilians on Diyala in the event it can't be fixed. I tried letting the mission run for awhile last night and with one civ placement module set to extreme, the Assymetric side isn't replenishing enough to make this a viable long term persistent battle.

Will AI spawned using the CQB module be viewed in the same way by the Assymetric commander as regular spawned civs? Can they be recruited and become suicide bombers, etc (I can't see how the answer to this is anything but "no" but it seemed worth asking at least).

And about using duplicate civ placement modules. Highhead told me a few months ago this was not advised and could cause issues if they were set to spawn in the same locations with identical settings. I definitely don't doubt him but other Devs have said this is an ok strategy. Can anyone clarify if using duplicate modules like this is a bad idea (causing unforeseen errors or what not)?

or Sign Up to reply!