Mission Templates

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Edited version of @highhead's official ALiVE insurgency on Tanoa. I basically changed the player faction to NATO Pacific, added some lights so you can see where your resources are, added some vehicles you can drive, added an AI Recruitment Center for small groups, and enabled database saving to War Room.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7c1r3ua4i6bequ/ALiVE-Insurgency.Tanoa.pbo?dl=0

Requires ALiVE, CBA, Spyder Addons and Apex.

Currently it retains the 2 playable slots. Feel free to edit that to your needs or I can always change that if anyone wants.

EDIT: Oh I also disabled auto-tasks because the first one I saw was a sabatoge mission, outside of the enemy AO (with no enemies at the task) where I had to blow up a laundry pole. :( If you want to automatically get your clothing destruction back on, feel free to reenable the tasking or request your own task via the tablet.

3. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

^^^ Quick update. BIS apparently doesn't care enough to ensure their Eden settings work without pop up errors, so I transferred all the relevant stuff (mission name, load screen image, author name) to old reliable description.ext.

I also added some boats near where you spawn to the mission too, if you get the urge to SAIL. Though be warned you'll need to teleport any recruited friendly AI with the tablet to the boats area. The whole base has chain-link fences around it, which is apparently kryptonite to Arma AI (they can't see the openings in the fences WTF???).

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@HeroesandvillainsOS  Edited version of @highhead's official ALiVE insurgency on Tanoa. I basically changed the player faction to NATO Pacific, added some lights so you can see where your resources are, added some vehicles you can drive, added an AI Recruitment Center for small groups, and enabled database saving to War Room.

Requires ALiVE, CBA, Spyder Addons and Apex.

Currently it retains the 2 playable slots. Feel free to edit that to your needs or I can always change that if anyone wants.

EDIT: Oh I also disabled auto-tasks because the first one I saw was a sabatoge mission, outside of the enemy AO (with no enemies at the task) where I had to blow up a laundry pole. :( If you want to automatically get your clothing destruction back on, feel free to reenable the tasking or request your own task via the tablet.

Last update for now. Ditched the VTOL for a regular transport chopper, and made the mission a SP/COOP 1-4 instead of only 2 player slots. Gotta say, it's pretty cool! Nice work Highhead!

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS what happened to the link for tanoa insurgency? gives me 404. @SpyderBlack723 do you have any tanoa insurgency templates?

6. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I decided to make the same mission, on steroids. Check a few posts down in the forum here. It's an insurgency, but also has a conventional battle going.

I played it for about 90 minutes last night and had a real good time. I took an assault boat east and started chipping away at the insurgents and blowing up some of their HQ's. Tanoa is fucking awesome.

I haven't gone south yet to fight CSAT yet though. I personally like insurgencies a lot so I think I'll stay East where the insurgency is for awhile and keeping bringing it to the Syndikat. :)

Check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions (that I can incorporate without any outside mods).

7. I also have a bunch of insurgencies on BI forums (with mods). Here's one: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/192272-alive-spcoop-1-20-inshallah-insurgency/

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS how much work would I need to put in on ur maps to make it possible to play as the insurgents?

9. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Well I wouldn't say it would take too much work to get playable. You could probably just build yourself an insurgent base somewhere and throw some playable insurgents down. ALiVE will keep the battle going in the background.

But I don't think players can build insurgent recruitment centers/IED factories/weapons depots. And without a human to blow up the HQ's, they'll just keep spawning and spawning.

I'd say if you cut back on the beginning number of insurgents just a bit, and increased the number in the Commander module for min civs present for recruitment centers to a very high number, it could be doable if you kept the shortcomings in mind.

On the other hand, if you were playing against a human on BLUFOR, I don't think you'd have to do hardly anything. They could work away on chipping at the insurgency while you just caused terror to BLU spawns.

Never tried this myself though but it could work I'd think.

10. Oh you'd need to setup a respawn for the insurgents though. Otherwise you'd respawn at BLUFOR bases lol.

11. Do you guys know how I can virtualize a pre-placed unit through its own init? I dont want to synchronize every single one of them with the Virtual Profile module .. that will just make the mission look like a huge mess in the editor.

12. @Riksen Do you guys know how I can virtualize a pre-placed unit through its own init? I dont want to synchronize every single one of them with the Virtual Profile module .. that will just make the mission look like a huge mess in the editor.

Just use the option to virtualize all units except for those synced. Be careful with empty vehicles and stuff like that though. Make sure those don't get virtualized.

I generally sync my own virtual groups and put up with the mess. :)

13. Thxs Heroes .... damn I have lots of emprty vehicles too. Darn it lol

14. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

To be fair it's been a long time since I used that option. Pretty sure if you leave empty vehicles unsynced (so potentially virtualized) they'll spawn sort of off where you placed them. And I think they won't persist either, even when you get in and out.

It's been A WHILE since I did it this way so fair warning things might have changed. Like I said I do it the messy virtualizing synced units way. :)

15. @HeroesandvillainsOS I downloaded your insurgency mission, is there a way I can open the pbo in the editor if I wanted to play around with the mission and see how you did certain things?

16. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Which mission did you download?

Yes for sure. Go to Armaholic and grab this tool:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

In your Arma 3 folder in Documents, inside your username folder, make a new folder inside "Missions".

If this is my Inshallah mission, name the folder Inshallah.Takistan or if it's the Tanoa Showcase, name it something like ALiVE_Showcase.Tanoa

Place the PBO in there.

Open PBO Manager. Find the folder path to the new folder you created. Right click on the mission PBO, scroll down to where it says "PBO Manager" in the right click menu options, and select the option to unpack the PBO to the current folder path.

You can now delete the PBO or remove it from the folder if you want. All the mission files will be inside the mission folder.

Open the game and the mission should now be available in the editor for the map the mission is on.

If you edit anything and want to pack the mission back into a PBO. Open PBO Manager, find the folder path for the mission, right click on the entire mission folder, scroll down to PBO Manager in the list, and pack the folder into a PBO.

Then place that PBO in your normal Arma 3 root folder MP Missions folder (steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\MP Missions), and now the mission can be played like you would any MP Mission.

I'm writing these directions on the fly. Not at my PC. If something isn't clear let me know and I'll PM you better instructions when I get home. Or I can send you the unpacked missions directly if you want.

17. @HeroesandvillainsOS I am looking at your tanoa showcase mission, is there a reason you have the BLU mil + civ Obj placement module linked to the two other Commanders, but don't do the same for the OPF mil + civ objectives?

18. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'll have to look at it (I make a ton of missions so it's hard to remember lol). Off the top of my head, I intentionally don't sync BLU to some of the Syndikat obj modules, because I want the player to do the bulk of the fighting to the east (where the insurgency is), and call in groups through Logistics or Operations as they see fit. Nothing kills a buzz more than not having anything to fight because BLUFOR AI groups are already everywhere. I give BLU a bit more leeway in the south (where CSAT is) though.

Pretty sure I used the same logic for BLU vs CSAT too. For balance, this is BLU 70 vs CSAT 50(ish) vs Syndikat 50(ish).

If I allow BLU to attack every objective for either side at will, they would (or at least could) clear and claim the objs for themselves and not leave much for the player to do. Am I making sense?

What I'm saying is, if I let all 70 BLU attack the CSAT area, for example, they could feasibly overwhelm them and the mission would be boring as shit. Though more realistically, they would just be everywhere and they would be constantly interfering with the players and that really isn't fun to me. I want BLU to attack just enough to keep the fighting "even," but leave enough in reserve incase you need them over in Syndikat territory or vice versa.

I use similar approaches in my other missions as well. Especially in full blown insurgencies (example: allowing friendlies only to attack MIL objs so players can fight in CIV objs uninterrupted unless they manually call in for help, etc).

19. Edited 6 years ago by kovyV

Ok, that makes sense. Now I just need to manually go through the base and replace everything with RHS

Also, what are the logistics crates?

20. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Those are crates for you to use vanilla rearm/refuel/repair/medical. Bare in mind, I very rarely use vanilla resupply and generally use community made repair/refuel/rearm scripts, but I wanted to keep the showcase free of any outside stuff (ALiVE CBA only) so I put the objects there.

For instance, the ammo and fuel trucks, with drones, they will rearm and refuel automatically when the drones are driven near the trucks. Mortars I think will rearm automatically too when an ammo truck is nearby.

I haven't tried the crates myself (again, I rarely play vanilla so I'm new to this part), but I'm assuming they function the same way as the trucks (drive a truck nearby, it will refuel/rearm/repair/etc).

At least I'd assume.

I'm not sure if RHS resupply vehicles will do this though (this is why I use a script when I use RHS). And I highly doubt vanilla supply trucks/crates will work with RHS assets. You will want to check. 3CB has logistics resupply objects included in their mod which is amazing! No outside scripts necessary if you ever want to play as the Brits. You just place the resupply objects down where you want your helo's and vehicles to replenish. It's very sweet!

21. Edited 6 years ago by kovyV

Could you post/share the script? Also, when using the drop supplies part of logistics menu, it never actually drops RHS supplies, only vanilla stuff. Like I select RHS, still drops vanilla

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!