1. 8 years ago

Cant the persistence/data module be used to save the mission time and resume after server restart? And have it sync across the clients? Basically so that I can have a persistent, 24hr server cycle.

2. Yes, I think this is an option under the Data module or this is done automatically.

3. Tupolov

16 Jun 2015 Administrator

Option under data module. Is set to Yes by default.

4. so, using that function, it "should" change the in game time to what it last was before restart? And will sync the clients and JIP clients to the new time? No need for the Real_date.dll extension?

5. Tupolov

17 Jun 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

It persists the game date and time (not real time). When you restart a mission it will sync everyone to the last saved date/time.

In addition, ALiVE does have a function to get the real time.

_realTime  = [] call ALiVE_fnc_getServerTime;

No need for another DLL

6. Friznit

17 Jun 2015 Administrator

Tup, can you persist real time please?

7. @Tupolov It persists the game date and time (not real time). When you restart a mission it will sync everyone to the last saved date/time.

In addition, ALiVE does have a function to get the real time.

_realTime  = [] call ALiVE_fnc_getServerTime;

No need for another DLL

ok. cool. Can I do this with out the AI? like for example, if it was decided to remove the AI from the mission but still wanted the other features.....weather.....time...etc, is that possible?

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yep, those modules can be used completely standalone from the placement modules or AI commander. Just make sure you have the ALiVE (Required) module placed down. I think those types of things work without it but to be safe you could also place the Virtual AI System module down (unless you manually profile units it won't actually impact gameplay).

9. cool beans dude. Currently ACE3 Weather is broken so ALiVE weather is quite nice. I like the biome setting. If I want it to be tropics, done.

or Sign Up to reply!