Trying to find fix that was mentioned earlier regarding "Search/Question" option missing from menu

1. 8 years ago

This was answered either here or on the Bohemia boards by one of you ALiVE Dev guys.

Someone else was having an issue where they didn't have the option of choosing "Question" or "Search" on their interaction options. I'm having the same issue and need to find the fix.

Do any of you guys recall where that info was?

2. Here you go

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment&p=2951978&viewfull=1#post2951978

3. Ok so I activated the optional PBO addon but I'm still having issues with Civilian interaction.

The odd thing is that my friends on the same mission are having no issues. So it's got to be something on my end.

I can interact in older missions that I haven't edited recently, but brand new missions, etc....I can't interact with Civilians.

I run most of the standard mods...RHS, Leights, etc., but I've tested with vanilla setup and I'm still having the issue.

Any other suggestions?

4. Make sure all of your mods are exactly the same, same version etc. Make sure you are running the latest CBA. Also, try it with vanilla units and see if it works there.

5. I just tested again...

I have the latest version of CBA and ALiVE as the only active mods.

Ran a vanilla mission in the editor, placed vanilla Civs on the map...still can't interact with them.

Any mission I've created since the latest ALiVE came out doesn't give me the option of interacting with Civs no matter what combo of mods or vanilla that I try.

Old Missions...I have no problems. I can interact with them, etc.

Has any other ALiVE users had issues with Civilian interaction menu since Alive verison 9.9 was released?

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

If you haven't tried so already, teleport into a zone and let it sit there for about 5 minutes. Then walk up to a few different civs and see if it gives you the action. After that I'm out of ideas.

7. Nope. Still nothing. I have zero clue what's causing this. Everything outside of the Civilian interaction issue works great. But I can't search or question anyone. Outside of "resetting" my ARMA game, then reloading all of my mods, I don't know what else to do.

8. Man do I feel like a moron....

So after hours of pulling my hair out, rearranging mods, etc....

I came across the teeny tiny fact that I hadn't chosen an Eastern or Western role for my civilians.

Chose the role and now it works.

Boy do I feel stupid.

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

We've all been there at one time or another :)
    Easy to overlook the simple things after using it so often.

Glad it's fixed.

10. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Well I did find one thing...

Apparently Civilian interaction no longer works with the CA Aggressors Civilian factions.

I tested this morning and both the Leights Civilians and the Vanilla Civilians work fine.

But when I use the CA Aggressors Middle East Civilians...the options vanish again.

I'm assuming something in one of the latest ALiVE or ARMA updates has "broken" the Aggressors interaction options. Hopefully we get a new Aggressors version soon.

UPDATE** I also tested with Massi's African Civilians. Massi's Civilians don't work either.

So through my testing, the only Civilians I can interact with are Leights Opfor and Vanilla Civs.

Is there an optional PBO, etc. that I can put into CBA (Other than the one already mentioned) that could fix the Aggressors and Massi's Civilian interaction? Any thoughts on this?

Vanilla and Leights Civs work great now. Massi and CA Aggressors don't work at all.

11. Can someone test with the above groups to see if it's just me?

12. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

13. I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Finally....

So... I think this is important to share.

DO NOT USE THE CBA ON STEAM WORKSHOP!!!

What was happening was this...

Even though I would move the optional pbo for enable_xeh_auto to the add on folder...because I was using the CBA on Steam...everytime I loaded ARMA it would "reset" the mod folder...i.e. it would remove the optional PBO.

I deleted and unsubscribed from Steam CBA..then manually added the CBA off of Armaholic and moved the optional folders again.

This time...they stayed and it works great. All Civilians now work.

This may be a very important note for others if they are experiencing the same issue.

14. Friznit

16 Jul 2015 Administrator

Well that explains a lot! Thanks for persevering and providing the feedback on CBA!

or Sign Up to reply!