Just a few Qs

1. 8 years ago

Was reading through the change log. Excited.
    Got a few questions regarding some issues I have in game but don't know if Ive skipped over it or missed it in the change log (it's so long). That's what she said. You all must be flat out working on it.

So I'll annoy u a little more lol sorry.......

1. Will there be a stop command for civs?
    2. Will we be able to choose wether we want road blocks in asymmetric mode? If not will the new feature to pause mission stop the crazy amount of them popping up when we log back in?
    3. If road blocks are to stay can you tell me how to destroy them. I've used everything arma has to offer to blow them up but they just sit there trolling me. We end up just lifting them and loading into back of truck but if we save mission they show up again.
    4. Also Friznit mentioned I can deactivate v-com AI on my combat support vehicles to stop them flying of and not following orders from us. I can't find how to do this lol.
    5. Spyder, I'm still having trouble saving objects placed with R3F. Any ideas for me?

I'm sure I've more but can't think at this time :)
    I'll be back I'm sure.

Thought I would create a thread with my Qs instead of scattering them all over other people's threads I've hijacked.

2. Friznit

9 Oct 2015 Administrator
    1. The new Autopause pauses everything.
    2. Insurgency spreads much slower because recruitment of new terrorists has been reduced to a more realistic number (it was unlimited before). It will also pause when you're offline (optional).
    3. Not sure you can destroy those objects, cos BIS.
    4. It's in the VCOM readme. Put in the code line of the Combat Support module: this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; Note that setVariable sometimes doesn't work in the code line, so you may have to manually place a unit with the init line and set it up for CS as per the wiki (http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support#Advanced_Vehicle_Placement )
    5. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Logistics_Support has some notes on R3F compatibility. No idea if that still works.
  3. 5. Honestly, not even sure if anyone has ever tested that. I've used it in several of my missions but I've never actually tested it :\

4. 5. Yeah I have it setup like that but it still only saves if placed with ALiVE logistics so I suppose it's not really your prob as ALiVE does what it's supposed to :)

5. @Friznit
    Question one was in regards to telling a civ to stop so we can talk/search without having to arrest.

Does getting rid of road blocks in asymmetric mode give a positive affect against the insurgency or is killing the occupants enough? How do they affect the game mode?

or Sign Up to reply!