RHS: Escalation US Artillery not working

1. 9 years ago

Hi, when using the RHS: Escalation mod with ALiVE, I put the ALiVE support modules down, CAS and Transport work fine, but the US Artillery will appear but you don't get the option in-game on the tablet to actually fire at anything, it just constantly says 'Unit is ready for fire mission'. I haven't yet tried with the Russian Artillery, will let you know when I have if you don't get to it first..!

Hope this helps you guys improve the mod, keep up the great work! :)

2. same here. no support module is working with RHS.

3. The CAS and Transport modules worked fine with all the heli's for me, just the artillery that didn't :S

4. i see the CAS choppers but they dont move to there position and ari wont firing. transport i dont see the choppers. hmmmm.....dont know the problem.

5. ARJay

5 Nov 2014 Administrator

These are known issues, we will be working on more RHS support over the weekend, should be a new release out soon after.

6. Awesome, thanks ARJay :)

7. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@spencer42 The CAS and Transport modules worked fine with all the heli's for me, just the artillery that didn't :S

@ARJay These are known issues, we will be working on more RHS support over the weekend, should be a new release out soon after.

LOL! In my mind, I'll just pretend it's taken ARJay over a year and a half to get this in and that's why he isn't around anymore. He's been working on this RHS artillery problem the entire time. :)

So I take it this was never implemented for the Russians? I've tried every one of the RHS Russian artillery and none of them have the option to select the artillery type (the last I checked the US factions work fine). When you click on the artillery name/callsign in the combat support tablet, as mentioned above, the dropdown that's supposed to occur to select the ammo-type doesn't show. Meaning you can't use RHS artillery at the moment. I'll probably just open a formal request on Github.

8. I'm currently redoing the entire artillery systems for ALiVE. There's a WIP pull request on github for it. Things are a bit slow but it's being worked on. :-)

9. Oh even better! Thanks.

10. Good to hear @marceldev89, thanks!

11. Ironically it did work for a while. Before they added the towed guns, when it was only BM-21/2S3 SPA & M109, the arty worked fine for both sides. Don't know what RHS changed at that point. :(

12. I'm just using CSAT Artillery in my RHS Russian missions. Although definitely a stretch, considering Russia's IRL partnership of sorts with Iran, I don't feel too too bad about it as a temporary arrangement. :)

or Sign Up to reply!