Server crash on Mission load

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Gato

Here I am again,

One issue down, and per usual another one came up.

As said in the title, the server crashes when a client joins. [EDIT] upon mission load
    Looking at the aliveplugin log it seems to be something about requesting my IP after which it receives an invalid JSON message.
    Or something of the likes.
    aliveplugin log
    server .rpt

Running nothing but alive and CBA.

Again thanks in advance for any help.

[Edits]
    Disabling my firewall doesn't help
    Crash persists independent of the connecting IP
    Server runs fine without the @aliveserver

2. Tupolov

11 Nov 2015 Administrator

Strange, possible bug. Assuming you grabbed latest copy of plugin from the link in this forum?

3. Yup used the one from this forum.

4. Is there a possibility of it being a port forwarding issue?
    When I visit the ipify site via web browser everything works fine.

And just in case it might be significant, I have only tried connecting to the server via LAN IP.
    I will try connecting via my global IP and a totally different IP.

5. Edited 8 years ago by Gato

A quick update on the IP story, a different IP address does not change anything.
    Not that I expected it to, but at least I've tried.

Also a clarification on when the server crashes, it crashes only when a map is being loaded.
    So I guess I could have people "join" the server and select a unit.
    Yet when the server actually loads a map it crashes after a short period of time.

From a client's perspective the load time may look long/infinite, so I will have a look at that.

[EDIT] after looking at the infinite load time thing, it seems not to be the same issue.

6. Does it actually crash? Or does it freeze and not appear to be responding? I've heard reports of it taking >10 minutes to load back all the data on larger missions.

7. Yes it actually crashes, it gives some generic microsoft crash window saying that the application exited in an unusual way, or something equivalent.
    After which the server's window closes and thus the server with it.

The client does continue to "load" for some time, but after a while it says that it has lost connection to the host.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Are you running @aliveserver on the server? If so, test without it and see if it loads fine.

9. Incidentally that used to be my previous issue, because of a typo.
    But yes the mission loads fine without the @aliveserver.

On a side note, I have tried to use an older version as well.
    That one seems to load further than the new one, but no aliveServer log is generated.

10. Just to give a clear answer to what SpyderBlack723 said.

We have been playing on the server for quite a bit now, yet I did not load the @aliveserver.
    Everything runs fine, so it's really something in the @aliveserver.

11. I had that issue in the past, according to @secure it might be related to installing/reinstalling a certain prerequisite. Hopefully he can touch on the topic again.

or Sign Up to reply!