Registering server questions

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hey everyone. Sorry to bug you. I'm trying to register my dedicated server with War Room and I'm not sure what exactly my Server Name and Hostname are.

I'm using TADST for my server. TADST itself has a line that says "Server Name" which I can essentially change at will. Is it supposed to be that name? If so, War Room isn't accepting it. It says "the name can only contain letters and numbers." Which mine does. I called it "HV Landlord" which is exactly how it shows up in game.

For Hostname I just typed in "hostname" into the cmd prompt and it shot back "Destop-08A070B" so I'm assuming that's what you're looking for.

I'd appreciate any help I can get and thanks for everything so far today. If I have any further questions setting up I'll post them here so I don't clog the forums up.

2. Ah. It just struck me spaces are not numbers or letters. LOL! I made it to the next step! :)

3. Ok. So I'm sure it's something simple but I can't seem to figure out how to get War Room to recognize my server. First things first, my server appears to work. I can connect to it an play no problem. I plan on reading through this thread before I ask a ton of questions and go over all the steps I took to get set up, but let me start with the most obvious.

When I launch the game, I run @ALiVE and @CBA on my client launcher. In the TADST server, I run @ALiVE, @CBA and @Aliveserver. When I click the Multiplayer tab, then Missions and connect to my server (am I supposed to use LAN?) it shows me the mods running on the bottom right. All of the dots are green except for @Aliveserver which is red. Could that be my problem?

Just to recap a tiny bit, I reinstalled C++ Distributable, downloaded the most recent @Aliverserver(which I unblocked, unzipped and placed in my root folder), downloaded, unblocked, unzipped and placed alive config in my root folder. Verified my host name using CMD prompt and rechecked my IP to make sure I put in the correct one.

What I didn't do was go in the editor to make sure the Database module was there because Spyder's Operation Landlord is supposed to already have it placed.

Could this be as simple as me not inputting the correct server name or host name or is that more for posterity as long as my IP is correct? Or is it possible I just have the incorrect Steam Port selected in TADST? It defaults to 8766 but when I launch the server, "Steam Host Query" says 2303 (I believe).

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

EDIT: So apparently War Room needs my external IP, not my static internal IP as I had assumed. I'm not home now, but I will try using what whatsmyip.org comes up with and report back! And according to a post on BIStudio, Steam's port should be 2305 in TADST and not the default 8766. Hopefully this works.

But just incase it doesn't, where exactly are the logs you guys would need located? Every time someone asks for the logs people just post them. LOL! These people are much smarter than me. I'm not really sure where they are found. :)

Also, if anyone ever finds this thread Googling, a post on this page has a very detailed tutorial on getting TADST up and running for the purposes of ALiVE: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159708-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment/page-325#entry2909298

5. For TADST:

Port: 2302
    Steam Port: 8766

6. Wow. Thanks for clearing that up. A lot of misinformation out there it seems. So I guess that narrows it down to the wrong IP being registered to War Room! I really hope that's it because I've done everything else I can think of.

7. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

That was it! At least I think! Changed the IP and now War Room seems to know I had played for 10 minutes on Operation Landlord (although the Battle Feed did say my operation was 5 hours ago which is odd because I just launched the mission).

Amyway, I got the tablet save-thing and it saved my progress with server save and exit no problem. We did it! I think! :)

Thanks guys!

8. Woo!

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah man I'm really excited. When I get the message that my profile has been loaded from War Room upon re-entering the mission, does that mean my mission "continued" from where I left off? I was under the impression that there would literally be a "load" button. I guess I'm asking because tasks that generated before my server save didn't show up when I went into the mission again. Just want to make sure I'm I the clear.

10. There are two types of persistence. Player persistence, which handles ammo count, player position, health etc. This is what that messages is notifying you of (it is working). The other type of persistence is your main persistence, all unit positions, vehicle positions, opcom orders etc. You should be good to do.

11. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmmm. So my server and War Room are definitely 100% communicating with each other. I just logged off and back into the server and Battle Feed recognizes that I'm currently in the mission.

However, after shutting down the server (admin save and exit. Tablet says it's saving data, etc) and reloading everything, when I entered the mission, it was like it started completely over (default gear, time of day, etc).

Are there any known reasons for what could cause personal data to store on War Room but not the mission or player data itself? Again, War Room knows I'm playing but my mission persistence doesn't appear to be working.

12. I have the same problem. If i shut server down nothing all is lost.

13. Flopchop, I just edited my post for a bit of clarity. Just a heads up incase our issues are different.

14. If you click "Your Stats" in Warroom, do you get anything listed in Battlefeed?

15. Not sure if we have to Save game in Alive settings in game and then press escape and server admin save afterwards??

16. I am not sure if this is the same problem for you? I changed Savegame to yes in "Alive player options" module and now am allowed to save and close server etc and all gets saved and is the same as it was.

Hope this helps some people!!

17. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmmm. So wait, was Admin Save and Exit available for you before you made that change? I'm new to ALiVE and am only playing missions other people have already made and pre-packed. I have no experience with the editor or modules.

Does "ALiVE Player Options" show up in the ESC/Menu screen in-game? If not, how can I change this? Mind giving me a step-by-step?

Just to catch you up, my player stats do save in War Room. And Admin Save and Exit is currently showing up. It's just not loading when I continue the game.

18. The AliVE player options is a module which you can see in the editor. You need to unpack your mission and place in mission folder in documents/arma 3/missions folder. If no missions folder create one.

You also need PBO manager software to unpack the pbo and put into missions folder then edit using editor.

You should see ALiVE player options module and be able to change the settings.

19. What mission you using?

20. I could get it and edit it for you.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!