Registering server questions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Also make sure you keep the same server name for all your different missions. Saves changing it every time in the war room server profile. So In TADST for server name, keep that the same for all diff missons you saved in there. Make it the same in war room server name.

3. @flopchop What mission you using?

I'm using Autigergrad's Royal Marines Kunduz: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99587081/Royal%20Marines%20Kunduz/Royal_Marines_Kunduz_Patrol.Kunduz.pbo

And Spyder's Operation Landlord: https://www.dropbox.com/s/snq9dccgscycexg/Operation%2520Landlord%2520%257c%2520ALiVE%2520.Altis.pbo?dl=0

I'd really be humbled by any help you offer me but I'd be shocked if Autigergrad didn't have this enabled by default. I've played this mission with him and we use persistent saving on his dedi. Who knows though.

4. Well you seem to know more than me then lol.

By default Royal Marines Kunduz did not save. Changed Save option in ALiVE Player Options and seems to work. Could just be a coincidence with some other warroom changes I made.

I now am trying to get R3F Logistics to persist in this mission.

I would suggest to double check warroom settings. Make sure Servername is correct and Hostname.

and also IP is your external IP.

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Flopchop, is there a PM system here? I don't see it on my mobile. If not, could we talk on Bistudio's forums?

So yeah, that must be the problem then. If you've tried this very mission and used Autigergrad/AuburnAlumni's Dropbox link for dedi's and saving wasn't set up, that has to be the solution. I'd guess Spyder's mission must be the same. Weird that this function would be disabled...

6. If you start a conversation you can select who can view it, simply set it to the person you wish to pm.

7. Did you ever get this figured out?

8. Well it's hard to say. I'm 100% positive my player persistence works. When I restart my server and launch my mission, I definitely get the message on the upper right hand side of the screen that my profile has been downloaded from Alivemod.com

What still sort of baffles me is the mission persistence. For starters, let me say this: I don't build my own missions. I play missions built by other people and generally just take their word that persistence is enabled. :) But what a fully persistent mission looks like upon server restart is a total mystery to me. I always "feel" like I'm starting over. I play Insurgency missions and generally have auto-tasking disabled. This means my"mission" is to talk to the local civilians, get my tasks from them, and then otherwise going around making "red enemy areas" green.

The confusion comes in because these TRACE markers are not designed to persist, even if everything is set up right. So I generally have to wonder what the point of playing ALiVE on a TADST server really means for long-term play.

Someone told me that even though TRACE markers don't save, areas I cleared fully do. If that's true then I'm ok with that but I do wish I knew what real persistence looked like from one of the devs.

I will say, I do now have a method of testing my mission progress. A very kind person sent me a mission he's positive is syncing to War Room on his end and he told me I can test this by watching the time of day when I reload. If that saves then I'll know everything is working as designed. I just haven't gotten around to it because the last few nights I've been playing on a buddy's rented server that never actually "turns off." :)

Sorry for the long answer. But yes, I'd love to know what loading a mission using TADST is actually designed to look like from a dev here. Honestly, even a message similar to the player profile would be enough to me. Something like "HeroesandvillainsOS Operation Freedom is fully loaded from War Room" or something would be awesome.

or Sign Up to reply!