Registering server questions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Woo!

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah man I'm really excited. When I get the message that my profile has been loaded from War Room upon re-entering the mission, does that mean my mission "continued" from where I left off? I was under the impression that there would literally be a "load" button. I guess I'm asking because tasks that generated before my server save didn't show up when I went into the mission again. Just want to make sure I'm I the clear.

4. There are two types of persistence. Player persistence, which handles ammo count, player position, health etc. This is what that messages is notifying you of (it is working). The other type of persistence is your main persistence, all unit positions, vehicle positions, opcom orders etc. You should be good to do.

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmmm. So my server and War Room are definitely 100% communicating with each other. I just logged off and back into the server and Battle Feed recognizes that I'm currently in the mission.

However, after shutting down the server (admin save and exit. Tablet says it's saving data, etc) and reloading everything, when I entered the mission, it was like it started completely over (default gear, time of day, etc).

Are there any known reasons for what could cause personal data to store on War Room but not the mission or player data itself? Again, War Room knows I'm playing but my mission persistence doesn't appear to be working.

6. I have the same problem. If i shut server down nothing all is lost.

7. Flopchop, I just edited my post for a bit of clarity. Just a heads up incase our issues are different.

8. If you click "Your Stats" in Warroom, do you get anything listed in Battlefeed?

9. Not sure if we have to Save game in Alive settings in game and then press escape and server admin save afterwards??

10. I am not sure if this is the same problem for you? I changed Savegame to yes in "Alive player options" module and now am allowed to save and close server etc and all gets saved and is the same as it was.

Hope this helps some people!!

11. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmmm. So wait, was Admin Save and Exit available for you before you made that change? I'm new to ALiVE and am only playing missions other people have already made and pre-packed. I have no experience with the editor or modules.

Does "ALiVE Player Options" show up in the ESC/Menu screen in-game? If not, how can I change this? Mind giving me a step-by-step?

Just to catch you up, my player stats do save in War Room. And Admin Save and Exit is currently showing up. It's just not loading when I continue the game.

12. The AliVE player options is a module which you can see in the editor. You need to unpack your mission and place in mission folder in documents/arma 3/missions folder. If no missions folder create one.

You also need PBO manager software to unpack the pbo and put into missions folder then edit using editor.

You should see ALiVE player options module and be able to change the settings.

13. What mission you using?

14. I could get it and edit it for you.

15. Also make sure you keep the same server name for all your different missions. Saves changing it every time in the war room server profile. So In TADST for server name, keep that the same for all diff missons you saved in there. Make it the same in war room server name.

16. @flopchop What mission you using?

I'm using Autigergrad's Royal Marines Kunduz: https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99587081/Royal%20Marines%20Kunduz/Royal_Marines_Kunduz_Patrol.Kunduz.pbo

And Spyder's Operation Landlord: https://www.dropbox.com/s/snq9dccgscycexg/Operation%2520Landlord%2520%257c%2520ALiVE%2520.Altis.pbo?dl=0

I'd really be humbled by any help you offer me but I'd be shocked if Autigergrad didn't have this enabled by default. I've played this mission with him and we use persistent saving on his dedi. Who knows though.

17. Well you seem to know more than me then lol.

By default Royal Marines Kunduz did not save. Changed Save option in ALiVE Player Options and seems to work. Could just be a coincidence with some other warroom changes I made.

I now am trying to get R3F Logistics to persist in this mission.

I would suggest to double check warroom settings. Make sure Servername is correct and Hostname.

and also IP is your external IP.

18. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Flopchop, is there a PM system here? I don't see it on my mobile. If not, could we talk on Bistudio's forums?

So yeah, that must be the problem then. If you've tried this very mission and used Autigergrad/AuburnAlumni's Dropbox link for dedi's and saving wasn't set up, that has to be the solution. I'd guess Spyder's mission must be the same. Weird that this function would be disabled...

19. If you start a conversation you can select who can view it, simply set it to the person you wish to pm.

20. Did you ever get this figured out?

21. Well it's hard to say. I'm 100% positive my player persistence works. When I restart my server and launch my mission, I definitely get the message on the upper right hand side of the screen that my profile has been downloaded from Alivemod.com

What still sort of baffles me is the mission persistence. For starters, let me say this: I don't build my own missions. I play missions built by other people and generally just take their word that persistence is enabled. :) But what a fully persistent mission looks like upon server restart is a total mystery to me. I always "feel" like I'm starting over. I play Insurgency missions and generally have auto-tasking disabled. This means my"mission" is to talk to the local civilians, get my tasks from them, and then otherwise going around making "red enemy areas" green.

The confusion comes in because these TRACE markers are not designed to persist, even if everything is set up right. So I generally have to wonder what the point of playing ALiVE on a TADST server really means for long-term play.

Someone told me that even though TRACE markers don't save, areas I cleared fully do. If that's true then I'm ok with that but I do wish I knew what real persistence looked like from one of the devs.

I will say, I do now have a method of testing my mission progress. A very kind person sent me a mission he's positive is syncing to War Room on his end and he told me I can test this by watching the time of day when I reload. If that saves then I'll know everything is working as designed. I just haven't gotten around to it because the last few nights I've been playing on a buddy's rented server that never actually "turns off." :)

Sorry for the long answer. But yes, I'd love to know what loading a mission using TADST is actually designed to look like from a dev here. Honestly, even a message similar to the player profile would be enough to me. Something like "HeroesandvillainsOS Operation Freedom is fully loaded from War Room" or something would be awesome.

or Sign Up to reply!