Cannot collect Intel Insurgensy mission

1. 8 years ago

Hello Alive-modders!

First of all, sorry: I'm very new to all this, but i have a little server running, setting up a little U.S. Insurgensy TAKISTAN mission found and downloaded via Armaholic.

The server works fine, people spawn in, enemy spawn in - But the only thing NOT working is that i cant collect intel, what do i do wrong?

Isn't it just scroll and collect?

2. I take it the Intel in this mission presents itself as a physical object that you need to interact with (scroll wheel, click "Intel"), correct?

It's hard for me to say without seeing the mission in action but it's possible (I think) that the Intel may actually show on your map after you scroll wheel click.

What's the mission? If you can't figure it out I could always check to see if it's working for me.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

You must select an option for Civilian Roles in the Civilian Population module (at the bottom). Once an option is selected, civilians will have a small % chance of having the Collect Intel action on them.

4. No, i'm sorry - Maybe i didn't explain it precise.

I have made the Incurgensy mission, and i can find intel objects in the game: For example a briefcase, but: when i want to scroll at the object and collect it, nothing happens... And i don't know what i did wrong, maybe someone else expirienced that or have a idea to what i could do.

5. Long shot here but after clicking on Intel in the scroll wheel, does anything show up on your map?

6. The problem is, i CANT select intel on the scroll menu.

I can se the intel lying on the ground, a briefcase for example, but i cant scroll and select any "intel" menu - So therefore nothing is appearing on map :/

7. ALiVE doesn't use briefcases or any other objects for intel at the moment. You might want to ask the mission maker more about this.

8. Okay, now, im a little bit confused... What does Alive then use as intel?

Its this mission

It's this one - Can someone maybe point me in the right direction then?

9. The Intel stuff is added by the mission maker to that particular mission.. ALiVE itself does not have a 'units drop intel' option. I would post your question in the BIS thread for that mission.

10. Definitely post this over on BIS forums as Savage said. The author is pretty active over there too. Heck, you may even find a more up-to-date mission file on the site while you're at it. Good luck.

There's a couple other ALiVE Takistan missions I could link you to if you don't get an answer. Let me know.

11. I've be glad to get those links Heroes :)

12. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Here's one I'm currently binging by AuTigergrad/AuburnAlumni: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561235833

Dropbox link is there too.

AuburnAlumni is basically a master ALiVE insurgency maker. I have three or four missions of his ready to play at any moment. The basic idea of this one (and his Royal Marines Kunduz and British Steel missions) is to go on patrol and find civilians to talk to. Interact with them and there's a chance they may mark locations on your map. There are three kinds of "Intel" you can get, but beware, if a civilian tells you they are going to mark a place of interest for you on your map, be quick opening the map! The icon is set to disappear so mark it ASAP.

1. Insurgent locations. This is obvious. Enemies are here. Kill them.

2. IED locations. Again, pretty obvious. Either disarm, avoid, or shoot the IED's.

3. Weapons cache locations. Blow these up. You do this with ACE by equipping a firing device and placing down and setting an explosive. Go to a safe distance, using ACE to set off the bomb. Boom.

Also beware of civilians being undercover suicide bombers! If they run at you be careful. I've yet to see one blow up but I hear this is possible! :)

U.K. pathfinders is his newest one and should be ready to go without any updating. If you're curious about some of his older missions, let me know and I'll tell you some of the things I updated/added.

The other is by M4rti4l: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168338-a3coop-32-alive-takistan-natofor/

I haven't had a chance to put much time into this one but he seems like a master mission maker too. This one should also be ready to play right now. The only reason I'm holding off is because he told me he'll be adding some of Spyder's ambient animals and stuff to the mission here soon (though I could always do it myself in the editor. It's the easiest ever module to plop down. You can too!)

or Sign Up to reply!