Headless Client Setup

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Friznit

24 Mar 2016 Administrator

Yes. Plop HC module, make it playable, start mission and your HC will autojoin. Only admin can see the HC. Players can't.

3. @Friznit Yes. Plop HC module, make it playable, start mission and your HC will autojoin. Only admin can see the HC. Players can't.

So I need to check the playable box, yeah?

And like Spyder said, it's ok to have it playable in the mission and NOT use a HC? I want to make sure it's a choice and not mandatory.

4. Yes ALiVE will auto-detect a connected HC and adjust accordingly (HC must be connected to proper slot at mission start).

5. @SavageCDN Yes ALiVE will auto-detect a connected HC and adjust accordingly (HC must be connected to proper slot at mission start).

I take it the last part will make more sense if I ever figure out how to set up the HC bat file and try to launch one myself. Lol

Thanks Savage.

6. Ugh. Sorry for the redundant questions. This is all explained in the post Dixon made (that AuTigerGrad linked) up top. Sorry to bother you guys. All my answers were a few posts up.

7. No worries... I think now the HC auto connects to the correct "Virtual Entities" slot in the lobby.. .in the past you'd have to manually (as admin) place the HC in the proper slot.

8. I use it in all of my missions. Easy to use.

1. Make sure you have a properly set up Headless client on server
    2. Add virtual entity-headless client in editor to mission. Make it playable
    3. Set virtual AI to go to Headless client in module.
    4. Start up mission and start up headless client on server
    5. HC should connect automatically
  9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@AUTigerGrad I use it in all of my missions. Easy to use.

1. Make sure you have a properly set up Headless client on server
    2. Add virtual entity-headless client in editor to mission. Make it playable
    3. Set virtual AI to go to Headless client in module.
    4. Start up mission and start up headless client on server
    5. HC should connect automatically

Using TADST (I know you're familiar with it), just to clarify...

Where is the .bat file supposed to be located. In my mission root? And do I need to do anything within TADST itself (such as checking the HC box or any of that)?

Pretty sure I did it right in the mission itself so at least that's good. I see the virtual entities box on the player select screen so I think that means I'm half way there. Kinda curious now to see if I gain any frames.

or Sign Up to reply!