Insurgency with Occupation Opfor

1. 8 years ago

So, I have been banging my head against a wall trying to get an Insurgency based mission running stable on my server for a couple of weeks now.
    Basically, I want the Insurgency play as a main component of my mission, but punctuated with direct action missions like those provided with the Generate Task options as well as Zeus run missions.

While having problems with freezing, I found a server running an RHS Russian Insurgency mission that seemed to be pretty stable.
    I modified it with US forces instead of Russian, and tweaked the ACE settings to fit our play style, added a couple modules here and there, and loaded it up.

It appears to be working but I haven't been able to get an appropriate load of people on to see if it will freeze, only 3 people or so at max.

One thing I saw, was that the mission I modified has the Enemy commander (IWAR AIF faction) set as an Occupation, instead of Insurgency. BUT, the mission is still showing the Insurgency red zones indicating trouble areas.
    We have tried to clear out several areas, and no matter what we do they stay red, instead of showing as green.

I assume that is because the EI commander is set to Occupation instead of Insurgency.

Should I go ahead and turn off the C2ISTAR map overlay for trouble areas?
    Or could I add a second AIF commander set for Insurgency to give actual Insurgency play alongside the Occupation commander?

2. The C2ISTAR map overlay exists separate of the AI Commander, it should work whether it is set to occupation or asymm.

3. But, will it turn green once you clear the area of any enemy? We're clearing towns of all AI OpFor, and sections are not changing.
    I guess I'll just turn off the overlay, it's not really needed for the unit to set up patrol routes and clear areas.

4. Yes they should change, clear the sector and then sit there for a minute or two. If it doesn't change, don't know what would be causing that.

5. Ok, thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get some guys together and work on clearing ops again.
    So, Spyder: Can I have 2 separate OpFor commanders, one ASW and one Occupation, of the same faction?

I'd like to have a starting set of occupation forces for my AIF Insurgents from IWAR, with a little bit of reinforcements, and an Insurgent commander that is conducting the ASW warfare (civ recruitment, IEDs, bomb factories etc.) for continuing patrol ops needed by the unit.

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Three way battles are a very popular ALiVE mission making technique! Check this out: https://medium.com/the-creation-of-alive-uprising

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have two of them being the same faction but I'll defer to Spyder on that one.

7. Only one opcom per faction.

8. Well... crap. That puts a kink in things. I may see if I can fit another faction that is similar enough in as the Insurgents, or just go as is.

9. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Three way battles are a very popular ALiVE mission making technique!

Everyone loves a three-way!

10. @SavageCDN Everyone loves a three-way!

Oh you. ;)

or Sign Up to reply!