Enemy Camps HMG Gunners nearly Invulnerable

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by looter

Hey everyone, I seem to be having an issue with the auto-generated gun emplacements from ALiVE. I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the faction I am using (LOP_AM from Leight's OPFOR Pack) or the automatically generated camp's gun emplacements.

The issue is that the AI units manning the heavy machine guns from ArmA 3 are nearly invulnerable. It usually takes the entire squad shooting them in the head for over a minute for them to finally die, in one instance it took a BMP a few minutes of laying rounds into them. I really like the camp's ALiVE generates, and it would be a shame to have to disable them for this one issue.

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try it with a vanilla faction. I've had this issue in the past and I believe the problem stemmed from either the units or an ACE (medical) module setting.

3. Okay interesting, we are also using ACE.

4. Tupolov

11 Feb 2016 Administrator

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3168

5. @Tupolov Thank you very much!

6. The AC3 mod is broken for me. When you use ACE 3 you have lots of Arma 3 vanilla functionalities broken, like Eventhandlers, killcount, minesdetector and more

7. @looter It usually takes the entire squad shooting them in the head for over a minute for them to finally die, in one instance it took a BMP a few minutes of laying rounds into them.

I don't know why but this made me laugh :) I can just picture the whole squad emptying clip after clip into the guy's head!!

8. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/3299 This should fix the issue

9. @DaVidoSS I have not had any game breaking issues with ACE3 that effect Arma 3 vanilla. I am still able to use EH's, I don't know about you. I know the kill count thing is broken but that's because of the medical system. Nothing breaks, but just a few weird things. We have to give a little and lose a little for ACE3 functionality.

10. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

You are wrong. A mod should only expand vanilla game functionalities not broke them because developers just do not care. What is ACE3? A bunch of scripts. You can script your own medical system or use any community scripts without breaking anything.

11. @dixon13 https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/3299 This should fix the issue

So, just to clarify, if I add that code into my init.sqf for an Alive/Ace mission it should fix the damn invulnerable HMG guys?

I am so there.

12. No, the fix will be in the next update.

13. Temporary fix from esteldunedain

ace_medical_fixedStatics = [];
    private _fixStatic = {
        params ["_vehicle"];
        private _vehType = typeOf _vehicle;
        if (!(_vehType in ace_medical_fixedStatics)) then {
            ace_medical_fixedStatics pushBack _vehType;
            [{
                1 preloadObject (_this select 0);
            }, {
            }, [_vehType]] call ace_common_fnc_waitUntilAndExecute;
        };
    };
    ["StaticWeapon", "init", _fixStatic] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;
    ["Car", "init", _fixStatic] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;
    addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{
        {
            [{
                1 preloadObject (_this select 0);
            }, {
            }, [_x]] call ace_common_fnc_waitUntilAndExecute;
        } forEach ace_medical_fixedStatics;
    }];
  14. @DaVidoSS The AC3 mod is broken for me. When you use ACE 3 you have lots of Arma 3 vanilla functionalities broken, like Eventhandlers, killcount, minesdetector and more

Sounds like another mod conflicting or a corrupted install? ACE3 doesn't cause any of these issues for anyone else so it must be something else going on.

@SavageCDN I don't know why but this made me laugh :) I can just picture the whole squad emptying clip after clip into the guy's head!!

It was total hell! We would be driving around in our glorious RHS UAZ loaded with 8 people and get ambushed by one of the enemy camps, then be engaging the HMG gunner for 10-20 minutes until he finally died lmao.

15. Its a known issue since the nexus update. There is a BIS issue tracking entry for it up.

or Sign Up to reply!