@ALiVEServer Issue (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

Hey there im an admin and the mission creator for a group apac-gaming.
    Unfortunately we have encountered an issue with ALiVE, specifically the @Alive server file on our dedicated server, therefore affecting our mission persistence.
    As soon as a client chooses a loadout slot and begins to load the mission the server will immediately crash, stating a c++ error. We have followed the steps and set everything up correctly, run numerous tests and have even run full vanilla in an attempt to work out the issue to no avail.
    We do run our servers through TADST, not sure if that is relevant but thought id mention it regardless.
    Im hoping this is something somebody will have experienced or knows a quick answer too. I wasn't sure what anybody would need to see in terms of rpts so let me know what you need and il post it.
    Thanks for the help.

2. I can't help you other than saying TADST itself is perfectly fine when things are set up properly. I use it myself.

Could you share your logs and server rpt so a dev can take a look?

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Can you share the server rpt and a screenshot/error log of the error that pops up?

Thanks.

4. Edited 8 years ago by Fr33k4z0id

-image-
    -image-

Pastebin of server rpt with mods

Pastebin of server rpt without mods

That was the server run with mods and the errors that appear when the server crashes after trying to load the file.

5. Tupolov

14 Mar 2016 Administrator

Do you have the plugin log file?

6. No plugin log file was produced

7. Tupolov

14 Mar 2016 Administrator

Its not finding the ALiVEPlugIn.DLL

Where is it in your install? Should be in @ALiVEServer.

Try placing it in your Arma 3 root.

8. Marking as solved.. please post back if that is not the case.

9. FWIW, I was having the exact same error and it was because, even though I was pointing to it, my mod folder wasn't in the game root folder.

I use Arma3Sync to launch the server, and because there isn't an addons folder inside the @AliveServer folder, it won't see it. I pointed to it specifically in the "Additional Parameters" section of the launcher on the Launcher Options tab. (e.g.: -mod=C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\@AliveServer as the first thing in that box, followed by my config file and other parameters for the server)

or Sign Up to reply!