Mission look please? (Solved)

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

So, after the most awesome releases I wanted to build a new mission on a new map for my unit. I put together somewhat of a clone from a working Occupation/Insurgency on Takistan, but ported over to FSF Al Rayak.

When I test the mission out in Local Host MP, it seems to work fine. I can load it up, go out on the map and have no problems.

For some reason the map will NOT load on my dedicated server. It just hangs the server.
    Does anyone mind checking out the mission file and see if you can find anything glaring?
    Mods used are : @FSF Al Rayak;@CBA_A3;@ace;@ALiVE;@task_force_radio;@IWAR- Irregular Warfare;@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;@Spyder Addons;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@Ares;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@Aliveserver
    Thanks!
    mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mos83mayfzytwpp/ALiVE_Al_Rayak_1.pja310.pbo?dl=0

2. Do you have all of the mods loaded on the server as well? At part does the server hang? When joining? When loading into the mission?

3. Also server RPT file might have some useful info

4. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I've had this exact issue when I forgot to update something on the server that I had updated on the client. Also, on the server, make sure that @aliveserver is at the very bottom if you're using persistence. Not sure if that's necessary but I have problems if I put it anywhere else.

5. It just won't load on the server. It never gets to a point where it shows the mission at all.
    I'll go back through and make sure I have updated everything on the server to double check.

I would love to have an RPT so I could look for myself, but for some reason my host provider's admin panel is putting -nologs on ALL command lines I make. It's a pain in the ass.
    @aliveserver is the last item on my command line.

6. Tupolov

17 Mar 2016 Administrator

disable @aliveserver and see if it loads.

7. Nope, not working with @aliveserver removed from Command line.
    I am having the Host fix my -nologs issue so I can get RPT files again and fine out what the heck is going on.
    I'll report back with anything else. It's probably something stupid on my part, but I can't figure out what it is.

I updated what I thought might be a mod that was not updated on the server. We'll see what happens.

8. OK, I found the error. Mission had a dependency from the map template I made, and I missed loading that mod somehow.

It's up and running Al Rayak Alive now :D

or Sign Up to reply!