Persistence issues (Solved)

1. 8 years ago

So, I see 1.03 was released today. My server is still running on 1.02, and I went to save it. It seems to be hanging up on save, an will not save the current state of the mission after my unit has put in most of an afternoon in on operations today.

I waited for a while, upwards of 20 minutes, and it is still not completing a save.

I think it did this before, when I had a version of ALiVE that was different from the current version on War-Room.
    Is this the case? Will the new update break persistence until I get the server updated to 1.03?

2. You need to update your ALiVE Server.

3. Crap. So, I'll lose the work the guys did. Oh well, I can replace it.
    Just to be sure, no one has updated, either client side or server side yet.
    But, I need to go ahead and download the new server version from war room and update it, as well as client version on the server, correct?

4. I don't think there is a "new" version of @aliveserver. At least I don't think so (would love to know if there is). I'm trying to link it to you but War Room is too powerful for my phone. :(

It's the one on the War Room page that I think got updated with ALiVE 1.0. Yours must be older somehow.

5. Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I have the Alive server released with 1.0. I had the same problem going from .9x to 1.0 and updated then.
    Just since yesterday's update have I not been able to save the server.

I'll update to 1.03 on clients and server files and see if that does it. ANd see if there is a new version from War-room.
    Q: If I update the server to the newest version, I assume everyone else has to update to 1.03 also?
    We're all using the Steam version and Steam isn't updated to due Friznit being drunk as hell last night ;)
    We'll have to wait until that gets done to update unless we want to unsub from Steam, download from here, then re-sub to Steam when it gets uploaded....

6. Everyone needs to be using the same version of ALiVE and the newest (whenever that was???) version of @aliveserver needs to be on the server (only. As you know) as well.

7. I have the newest version it seems. @aliveserver from War-room has the files dated from 10/15 still. So they are fine.

I guess everyone needs to update to 1.03 so we can save then.
    Friznit, you're our only hope!

8. highhead

14 Apr 2016 Administrator

server-rpt and aliveplugin-log or it didnt happen

9. Friznit

14 Apr 2016 Administrator

Will update steam as soon as i get home in an hour or so, trains permitting.

And yes i had a hangover from hell this morning

10. OK, RPT and plugin log:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/27qguvtt51vpor6/arma3server_2016-04-13_16-10-18.rpt?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dskaubda7v29rpf/aliveplugin_2016-04-14_07-56.txt?dl=0

11. Tupolov

15 Apr 2016 Administrator

Need the plugin log for 2016-04-13 please.

I suspect one of your players may have a special char in their name? Looks like the player data may have failed to load.

Looks like logistics failed to load to - not sure why tbh.

Unsure why it failed to save. Need the plugin log from 13th.

This probably causing issues too:

16:16:05 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["LOP_IA"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

You have lots of RPT spam due to the units and configs you are using, this is killing your server. Probably related to LOP.

12. I ended up restarting the server, making double sure I had the same @Alive version uploaded and restarted. It started saving again after that.
    I will look into switching from LOP. Like everyone has said, it is too inconsistent and a general pain in the ass.

or Sign Up to reply!