CUP factions (SOLVED)

1. 8 years ago

so when i saw that you guys added CUP to the list of supported factions i was thrilled. I made a simple mission on takistan where it was the takistan army vs the us marines. I entered the names in the factions like i normally do and boom no ai spawn but the vehicles spawned correctly. It doesn't do it only for those two but for every faction. I understand that the wiki says that some factions are not indexed yet but all weren't indexed

2. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Faction are not need to be indexed. Only limited by faction config standardization.

Today we already helped someone with similar issue, the case was old version of CBA.

http://alivemod.com/forum/1944-cant-use-any-custom-armies-solved

3. that may be my issue also. I haven't updated my cba since last year

4. Updating CBA did not solve the issue

5. Do you have the latest version of CUP units as well?

6. yes i just updated them all yesterday

7. Do you get the error, that no Groups are defined? Then you could try another CUP Faction.
    Do you have a space behind the faction? "CUP_B_US_Army " or something similiar?
    Check the Capital letters of the Faction Name, best would be to use the 3d Editor to check the config file and then search for faction=....
    Maybe (not sure, but had a similiar Problem with another mod somewhen) the factions you wrote in are just the vehicle faction. Some mods do tend to Group their Units in vehicle faction and infantry faction.

8. I had a similar issue with the Takistani Locals independent faction. I just assumed a lot of the factions listed under CUP on the wiki were put there in advance and maybe not all of them are properly configured yet. Since I was using them as an asymmetric faction I simply manually placed all the vehicle types I wanted them to have and then the asymmetric commander still pretty much works fine and uses the correct units when recruiting etc. despite the error message.

9. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

I have tested all CUP faction yesterday using newest CUP mods, CBA mod and ALiVE version.
    Every CUP faction is working without any problems.

10. Thanks for confirming, I'll double check my versions and see if it's a problem elsewhere :)

11. I solved this issue. I did not update alive to the current build. I was using a build back from December

or Sign Up to reply!