Player Combat Support stopped working?

1. 7 years ago

I have a mission I've been working with for a long time (since ALiVE 0.97ish) and today when I booted it up to test some things, I found that the Player Combat Support is no longer working. There's no option in the ALiVE tablet to access it, and I can't even talk to pilots when I get in a transport that is linked either.

Did something change lately with the way Player Combat Support is configured? Because I haven't made any changes to it in my mission since the last time it worked.

2. Replace the combat support modules and try again. Make sure you are using the latest versions of both ALiVE and CBA.

3. I did recently add ASR_AI3 but I don't think that would affect it would it?

4. I've had issues with missions that were edited just days before an ALiVE update, let alone one as old as yours.

Make sure your ALiVE and CBA are up-to-date and replace the combat logistics modules. That should fix the problem.

5. I replaced the combat support module and it didn't work. Do I need to replace something else too?

6. Okay, so I completely rebuilt the mission from scratch with a new mission file. I got the Combat Support to work. Sort of.

I can use the ALiVE menu and go to Combat Support, however I am unable to talk to transport Pilots via the scroll wheel action when I'm in a chopper. Any ideas?

7. So you don't even get the scroll - wheel option to talk to pilot? Or you get it but it doesn't actually work? If so can you provide your RPT file? Also try with just vanilla factions/choppers (ie: BLU_F or OPF_F)

8. I'm using vanilla factions/choppers. And I don't even get the scroll wheel option.

Just now I made a new mission with only the ALiVE module, and the Combat Support Modules and was able to get the option and it worked.

I'm wondering if any of the ACE modules I have down on the main mission are messing with it?

Also using Spyder addons.

9. Edited 7 years ago by Onearmy

Okay I added all the ACE modules from the main mission into the bare-bones test mission I made and it still works after adding ACE to the test mission. There are a ton of modules in play on the mission where it doesn't work and I have no idea what it could be.

10. I'd just be guessing myself... you might have to do some more troubleshooting or wait and see if anyone else has run into this issue.

11. Edited 7 years ago by Onearmy

Yeah, after I get home from work tonight I am going to rebuild the mission- again- however this time I'm going to do combat support first and test it bit by bit as I add modules.

I hate ARMA lol.

EDIT: Also, if you want me to post the mission file where it doesn't work I can do that.

12. Post the RPT file perhaps it will have some useful info.

Yeah Arma can be strange at the best of times. A simple object addon apparently affects AI spawning:
    http://alivemod.com/forum/1971-units-only-spawn-when-module-is-debugged

or Sign Up to reply!