All my support Helos just take off and fly away randomly

1. 7 years ago

Since the patch at a random time all my support choppers just all take off at the same time, fly to the edge of the map and just hover there like idiots. I've deleted all my support modules and replaced them but it still seems to happen.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that? It may not have anything to do with the patch at all, just something stupid I did, but I thought maybe someone has experienced this before and may have a solution. Otherwise I'll just digging.

2. This might be an issue with an AI mod you using. It sounds like they may be getting spooked and flying away to safety.

3. Edited 7 years ago by JD_Wang

I've been using VCOMAI lately and haven't had any issues until now. I'll keep testing though.

If it helps I can't even give them orders and last time they took off with us inside. I couldn't tell the pilot to land or anything.

4. That might be due to VCOM then, since I believe it gives waypoints to AI which could override ALiVE waypoints. Try disabling VCOM and see if they respond properly once again.

5. Yeah I'll give that a shot. Funny that we'd had no issues when testing the mission before the update. Still ARMA can do some crazy things

6. Looks like it may have been VCOM, I'll try it again tonight with VCOM running but turn it off for the support vehicles and see if that works

7. Friznit

9 May 2016 Administrator

This issue is almost always due to an a third party AI script. You should be able to disable it in the code line of the CS module

8. Yeah thanks Friznit, it looks to have solved the issue.

9. I had same issue when I tried out VCOM AI. If it helps, I've been using ASR AI without issue. Maybe try that?

or Sign Up to reply!