TADST Persistence question [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago

So with the new TADST update I see an option with a checkbox for "persistence." I've never had to do anything in the server.cfg for persistence with War Room before so I'm wondering if I need it checked to yes for persistence to work properly?

Also there's an "auto init" box that opens up when you turn persistence on in TASDT. Can anyone tell me what that means?

2. I'm assuming it just does the same as having persistent=1 in your server.cfg. I thought that setting was required for War Room connectivity? So your current server.cfg has no persistent=1 line in it?

3. I'm honestly not sure, Savage. This "persistence" option was never available directly in TADST before and I'd never previously adjusted it manually in server.cfg. I wonder now if it defaulted to on before Tophe gave us the toggle recently. I'd assume it must have since persistence seemed to work prior to 1.58.

I'll make sure it's on from now on though! :)

Any idea what "auto init" is?

4. yes -autoinit will auto -start a mission you define when the server is reset (instead of having to join the server as a player and pick/start the mission

5. The persistent setting allows a mission to run with no players left on the server. It's always been available in TADST, maybe under a different name.

6. @SpyderBlack723 The persistent setting allows a mission to run with no players left on the server. It's always been available in TADST, maybe under a different name.

So for me, as someone that logs in as admin and server saves and exits when I'm done, do I use persistence or not?

7. No

8. Edited 7 years ago by CaseyQ32

Hero, how do you log in as ADMIN? That is the issue I have. I am unable to save as admin on my dedi. Thanx.

9. I like to login as admin from the player select screen. So set yourself a password for the admin in TADST. Then on the player select screen, click /

Type #login password

Click enter

10. Thanks! That worked.

or Sign Up to reply!