RHS Factions in the Wiki

1. 7 years ago

There is an issue with the naming of the Russian factions on the wiki: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

The existing text reads:
    Russian Federation Troops: rhs_faction_msv
    Russian Motor Rifle Troops: rhs_faction_vdv

I think it should be changed to:
    Russian Federation Motor Rifle Troops: rhs_faction_msv
    Russian Federation Airborne Troops: rhs_faction_vdv

In addition to this there are now a substantial amount more factions available within RHS Version 4.1. These I believe don't work because of the naming convention used by RHS for their groups. It would be fantastic to see these incorporated into ALiVE. In particular the insurgent and new independent factions that have now been added.

From the ArmA 3 ConFig Viewer:

rhs_faction_insurgents
    rhs_faction_msv
    rhs_faction_rva
    rhs_faction_socom
    rhs_faction_tv
    rhs_faction_usaf
    rhs_faction_usarmy
    rhs_faction_usarmy_d
    rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
    rhs_faction_usmc
    rhs_faction_usmc_d
    rhs_faction_usmc_wd
    rhs_faction_usn
    rhs_faction_vdv
    rhs_faction_vdv_45
    rhs_faction_vmf
    rhs_faction_vpvo
    rhs_faction_vv
    rhs_faction_vvs
    rhs_faction_vvs_c
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_air
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_air_b
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_ground
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_ground_b
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_ng
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_ng_b
    rhsgref_faction_chdkz
    rhsgref_faction_chdkz_g
    rhsgref_faction_nationalist
    rhsgref_faction_un

Of these the following have groups defined:

BLUFOR:
    USA (ARMY - D) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051
    USA (ARMY - W) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051
    USA (USMC - D) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051
    USA (USMC - W) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051

OPFOR:
    ChDKZ insurgents
    Russia (MSV) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051
    Russia (TV)
    Russia (VDV) - Works with Alive Version 1.0.5.1605051
    Russia (VMF)

Independent:
    ChDKZ insurgents
    Chernarus (Ground Forces)
    Chernarus (National Guard)
    Nationalist Militia

I have had the old RHS Insurgents working in the past but I can't get them to work anymore, I believe that it is possible that they have now depreciated them as there is a group under independent called: "Legacy (Do NOT Use)".

Regards,

Escape

2. Correction to the above, rhs_faction_insurgents still does work.

3. Hey keep up the good work man. Honestly once you go through them all your post should get added to the wiki.

4. Are the current Russian factions still the only two available, or has anyone sorted them by camo similar to the Americans by chance?

I realize the question might be moot soon with the next ALiVE update, but obviously it's easier to use existing factions if any are available.

5. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

How can you set in the ALiVE Module "OPFOR ChDKZ insurgents" and not "Indipendent ChDKZ insurgents"?

6. If that faction exists then you just need to put the faction classname in the override field.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

@SavageCDN If that faction exists then you just need to put the faction classname in the override field.

Sorry my question was not clear..
    The faction exist in RHS because you can find "ChDKZ insurgents" in both the Indipendent and OPFOR Units List.
    My question was like: If writing "ChDKZ insurgents" in the Faciont Override would Spawn Green "ChDKZ insurgents".... Then how to spawn Red "ChDKZ insurgents"?

I'm reading and reading and reading the OP but can't understand.. Sry....

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

A faction's name is not the same thing as how to call the faction with ALiVE. Example, place unit down from NATO. Right click on that unit, open the config viewer, and scroll down to where it says "faction." See how the faction is BLU_F. That's the name you'd need to use in the override to spawn that faction.

For your specific request, RHS configures their factions a bit differently and most of them are not compatible with ALiVE. The faction you want, AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, is one of them that won't work even with the correct faction name.

The ones that do are listed here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

Now that ORBAT is in the wild, expect to have a lot more RHS support here soon. See Brawler's post from a few minutes ago.

9. spawn in a unit that belongs to the faction you wish to know the classname of

set the unit as player

pause the game

type copytoclipboard str faction player into the debug console

paste faction classname from clipboard

10. @HeroesandvillainsOS  A faction's name is not the same thing as how to call the faction with ALiVE. Example, place unit down from NATO. Right click on that unit, open the config viewer, and scroll down to where it says "faction." See how the faction is BLU_F. That's the name you'd need to use in the override to spawn that faction.

For your specific request, RHS configures their factions a bit differently and most of them are not compatible with ALiVE. The faction you want, AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, is one of them that won't work even with the correct faction name.

The ones that do are listed here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

Now that ORBAT is in the wild, expect to have a lot more RHS support here soon. See Brawler's post from a few minutes ago.

I saw ORBAT, pretty interesting! Hope I'll manage to use it with my VERY LOW skills in this things XD
    Thx anyway!

@SpyderBlack723 spawn in a unit that belongs to the faction you wish to know the classname of

set the unit as player

pause the game

type copytoclipboard str faction player into the debug console

paste faction classname from clipboard

Got it! Thanks a lot!!!!

or Sign Up to reply!