Group Structures

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

If you upload the mission with the faction mapping somewhere, I can take a quick look and see if I spot something. :)

3. Thatd be great thanks! Here it is http://www.filedropper.com/testdakrong

4. Uhm just loaded the mission and it works? :D

5. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

-image-

6. lol whaaaaaaaat, I keep getting that no groups error. Did you change anything or pack it into a pbo?

7. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Did nothing special. Downloaded the mission, copied it to the missions folder, loaded it in the editor, pressed preview and that's it.

Are you perhaps still running one of the modified PBOs from earlier in this thread?

8. What mods do you have running? Which ALiVE do you have? I tried doing the same thing and I keep getting that same error lol

9. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Oh I am running Arma 3 with the -filePatching flag (in Arma 3 Launcher -> Parameters -> Advanced -> Advanced -> Enable File Patching). Not sure if that's related but worth a try I guess.

As for the mods I'm running (versions are as reported by PwS):
    CBA: v2.4.0.160530
    ALiVE: v1.0.6.1605301
    UNSUNG: v3.1

10. Hmm I tried enabling filepatching but I still get that no group error. Which ALiVE are you using? Did you get it from github or the newest armaholic link? God damn Arma makes me close to having an aneurysm sometimes.

11. @Opendome Hmm I tried enabling filepatching but I still get that no group error. Which ALiVE are you using? Did you get it from github or the newest armaholic link? God damn Arma makes me close to having an aneurysm sometimes.

See previous post, updated it.

12. ahhhh ok thanks! New problem, when I use the same mission file in the editor it works jsut like you, when I go to multiplayer, host, then use the same mission from there then the groups dont work. So this makes me think it won't be multiplayer compatbile. ANy idea on how to get it to work in MP? Would getting someone to add it to the framework be the solution?

Thanks!

13. also since unsung has ships, do I add them to a faction with

[UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Sea", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

14. @Opendome when I go to multiplayer, host, then use the same mission from there then the groups dont work.

Yep can confirm... It's Arma being Arma.. :D

Put the below code in the init field of the ALiVE (Required) module and remove it from the init.sqf (reason: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Initialization_Order ).

0 = [] spawn {
        if (isServer) then {
            waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};
            call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf");
        };
    };

@Opendome do I add them to a faction with

[UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Sea", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

Instead of "Sea" it should be "Naval".

15. Outstanding thanks it worked!

Here's what I have so far if you want it :D

http://www.filedropper.com/staticdata

16. I'll prob add western groups tonight, also can I add custom roadblocks/camps/installations in the smae sort of manner?

Thanks! Really appreciate your help!

17. Also on a dedicated server would it be

0 = [] spawn {
    if (isDedicated) then {
    waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};
    call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf");
    };
    };

?

18. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

isServer will work for SP, MP and dedicated server so that's probably the best choice here. :)

As for the roadblock stuff, no clue. Never used it and haven't looked at the associated code yet.

19. Hey @Opendome I am trying to set up Unsung as well and having trouble. Any chance you could shoot me your static data? I'm trying to get all the factions to work but only NVA seems to work by default.

20. Hello Transflux,

So with the faction format in unsung at this time (it is fixed for Charlie release) all of OPFOR are under the UNSUNG_E umbrella. You can yse UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV in the CQB module but thats about it. For a mix of NVA/VC I used

// UNSUNG_E

UNSUNG_E_mappings = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;

UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;

[UNSUNG_E_mappings, "Side", "EAST"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_mappings, "GroupSideName", "EAST"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_mappings, "FactionName", "UNSUNG_E"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_mappings, "GroupFactionName", "UNSUNG_E"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

UNSUNG_E_typeMappings = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;

[UNSUNG_E_mappings, "GroupFactionTypes", UNSUNG_E_typeMappings] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Infantry", ["vc_eightmansquad","vc_fourmancell","vc_sixmancell","vc_mainweaponsquadone","vc_mainriflesquadthree","vc_mainriflesquadtwo","vc_mainriflesquadone","vc_mainweaponsquadtwo","NVA_68riflesquadtwo","NVA_68riflesquadthree","NVA_68riflesquadone","NVA_68heavyweaponsquad1","NVA_68heavyweaponsquad2","NVA_68heavyweaponsquad3"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Motorized", ["UNSNVALightPatrolElement1","UNSNVALightPatrolElement2","UNSNVALightPatrolElement5"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Mechanized", ["UNSNVALightPatrolElement3","UNSNVALightPatrolElement8"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Armored", ["UNSNVALightPatrolElement4"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Air", ["uns_nvaf_pilot5"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "SpecOps", ["vc_recriflesquadone","vc_recriflesquadtwo","vc_recsappersquad","NVA_68Reconsquadone","NVA_68Reconsquadtwo"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups, "Naval", ["uns_VCRiverpatrol1","uns_VCRiverpatrol2","uns_VCRiverpatrol3"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[UNSUNG_E_mappings, "Groups", UNSUNG_E_factionCustomGroups] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[ALIVE_factionCustomMappings, "UNSUNG_E", UNSUNG_E_mappings] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

[ALIVE_factionDefaultSupports, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_dshk_armoured_VC","uns_dshk_high_VC","uns_dshk_twin_VC","uns_dshk_wheeled_VC","uns_dshk_bunker_closed_VC","uns_dshk_bunker_open_VC","uns_pk_tower_VC","uns_m1941_82mm_mortarVC","uns_mg42_low_VC","uns_pk_high_VC","uns_pk_low_VC","uns_pk_low_VC","uns_pk_bunker_open_VC","uns_pk_bunker_closed_VC","uns_pk_bunker_low_VC","uns_SPG9_73mm_VC","uns_spiderhole_VC","uns_spiderhole_leanto_VC"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultSupplies, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_AmmoBoxVC","uns_EQPT_VC","uns_East_Sapper_crate","uns_HiddenAmmoBox","uns_HiddenAmmoBox_small1","uns_HiddenAmmoBox_small2","uns_HiddenAmmoBox_small3"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_nvatruck","uns_nvatruck_camo","uns_nvatruck_open"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again we have fixed this for the next charlie release so UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_EV can be mapped

21. Hi Folks,

Just noticed this post and I am reading with great interest...

Is this work to build a solution for all users of Unsung and ALiVE - or - do we all need to make these changes ourselves to get ALiVE to work ?

So there is some ALiVE compatibility included with the "Charlie" release of Unsing ?

I didn't see anything about the US factions - are they more difficult or is there a problem with them ?

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott

or Sign Up to reply!