Endless Loading Screen issue on Dedicated Server

1. 7 years ago

We've had this issue for the longest time.

Just please someone tell me what's going on, we do use MCC, I haven't found any conflicting according to other forums, but I'm unsure.

At first the issue was you could only get in if you were there on mission start, then everyone else had to be let in by globally executing endloadingscreen; as an admin, but now it's impossible to even get in from the start! You just perpetually sit at the loadscreen, sometimes you can hear environmental sounds and even walk, other times you can't hear anything, or can't walk. If you open up my mission file you may notice I tried to fix it with a trigger to run endloadingscreen, but it doesn't work. I've also tried forcing respawnonstart = false in a description.ext but that also didn't work. I've also tried using server scripts to run endloadingscreen, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I am sick of having this issue on my server, it's so hard to deal with, just please help me with what's happening because I've been searching far an wide for a fix but can't find one.

And when I say perpetual, I mean I've let it load for an hour with no hope, so no, I don't just need to wait.

P.S. it works completely find in multiplayer, the only notification I get there is OPCOM is suggested 80 objectives not 82.

You can the mission and .rpt here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u01ck2bjlug6px9/AADscdW6oeltCMcqLyANQpuwa?dl=0

I'm running the latest ALiVE and ALiVE servers, and War Room is working.

All of the mods used on the server can be found here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591049524

Tell me what to do and I'll do it.

Thanks.

-Haymaker

2. Your best bet is to create a new mission with only alive and cba, then ensure it works. Once that's done, add a few mods and retry the mission, if it still works there are probably no conflicts. Repeat this process until the mission no longer works, then take the last set of mods you added and narrow it down till you find the mod causing the mission to no longer run.

3. @SpyderBlack723 Your best bet is to create a new mission with only alive and cba, then ensure it works. Once that's done, add a few mods and retry the mission, if it still works there are probably no conflicts. Repeat this process until the mission no longer works, then take the last set of mods you added and narrow it down till you find the mod causing the mission to no longer run.

I did something that fixed it, couldn't tell you what, heheh..

4. Lol, all good then?

5. Friznit

11 Jun 2016 Administrator
    1. Almost always due to a unit mod not having groups as expected.
    2. Sometimes can be caused by an old/bad map index but usually ALiVE will pick that up and show the error.
    3. In some cases it can be caused by another mod waiting until player init, meaning the player never initialises and ALiVE won't load (because ALiVE also waits until player if fully intialised) - aka a 'race condition'. Only way to figure this out is do what Spyder suggests.
  6. Edited 7 years ago by Haymaker

@Friznit 1. Almost always due to a unit mod not having groups as expected.

1. Sometimes can be caused by an old/bad map index but usually ALiVE will pick that up and show the error.
    2. In some cases it can be caused by another mod waiting until player init, meaning the player never initialises and ALiVE won't load (because ALiVE also waits until player if fully intialised) - aka a 'race condition'. Only way to figure this out is do what Spyder suggests.

Best guess is the groups as I'm using Leight's Opfor Pack. Is there a way for me to define my own custom groups?

I'm only confused because it only does this, SOMETIMES, and if that's the case with the units, why wouldn't it happen in Singleplayer?

7. Friznit

12 Jun 2016 Administrator

Leight's has caused a lot of people problems in the past, if you search this forum there's a long discussion about it somewhere.

8. @Friznit Leight's has caused a lot of people problems in the past, if you search this forum there's a long discussion about it somewhere.

I've been searching far and wide, I've seen it, just so unfortunate being such a critical modification! Looking forward to this new faction coming with Tanoa though!

9. Edited 7 years ago by Haymaker

@Friznit Even upon removal of MCC modules on the mission, the addon from the server, and the addon from the client, I still get the issue.

I've even changed the unit to RHS VDV, which is a confirmed supported faction.

The map is also Altis, so I'm about 300% positive that isn't the issue.

I even changed the mission name in order to get rid of any previously saved database issues. Even when it does load up to the respawn screen, when you click the spawn button it just goes back into the loadingscreen.

10. Even on removal of RHS to vanilla factions. I'm stuck.

11. Tupolov

Post plugin log please too

12. What mods are you running with now? Have you tried just vanilla just to test? I'm thinking you may have better luck at this point starting from scratch , then testing and building up, rather than working backwards.

At least to test until you can find out the cause.

Also, if you're having no problems in SP but are on a server, make triple sure all of the mods are identical on both sides.

13. Tupolov

Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

From your log:

2016/06/11, 14:52:39 ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42 Warning: 2606 ms spent in callExtension calling name: "ALiVEPlugIn", function: "StartALiVE ['true']"
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42 Error in expression <['StartALiVE','ERROR','['curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() fa>
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42   Error position: <curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() fa>
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42   Error Missing ]
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42 Error in expression <['StartALiVE','ERROR','['curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() fa>
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42   Error position: <curlGet','ERROR','curl_easy_perform() fa>
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42   Error Missing ]
    2016/06/11, 14:52:42 Error in expression <};

If you checked the logs you would see errors and that the data system isn't working for you. Make sure you are running latest versions of everything and post your plugin logs from @ALiVEServer folder

or Sign Up to reply!