Can't Use Persistence [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago

Hi all, it's been a while ( a long while) since I started use you mod, now I started to play that with friends..
    It's like a week that I search on the Web and here to get able to use ALiVE Persistance but I really don't understand something..

I've setted Persistence "ON" in all the ALiVE module in my Mission, then I start with a locale server and play with friends, all go fine.
    When players stops use to exit the game through the ALiVE menu "Player Save & Exit" and when I turn off the server I click on "Server Save & Exit".
    ---I'm not using a "Dedicated Server", I just host from the Game---

No error messages or any other bad things seems to pop up.

But HOW TO restart the game? Do I have just to Host the Same mission?
    If I do, the time/position of players is resetted so I think it's not working..

How can I manage this to work without a Dedicated Server/WarRoom Account?
    Thanks

2. Tupolov

15 Jun 2016 Administrator

You need to use the dedicated server exe and host on your PC or another machine. We don't support Host mode.

3. You need a dedicated server registered with War Room.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

Hi again, I followed the whole instructions for connecting my Dedicated Server to the War Room.
    Note that I'm hosting a dedicated server from the same pc that I use to connect to it as a client.

All go fine but I don't understand HOW TO close the server saving the data...
    I simply close the server console window..

Also I didn't manage to get my server connected to the war room but this is a thing that I'll manage alone :)

5. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

You need to login as admin on your server while you are connected and use the (ESC) ALiVE -save and exit button. Note that this can take a few minutes depending on the size of your mission.

Also if you have a dynamic IP you'll need to update that in the War Room settings every time it changes.

6. Ok for the Dynamic IP.
    So I Set Up the server and then I open Arma and join the Server from the list as an admin?
    How?

Sry, I've searched for weeks.................

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You need to establish an Admin password for your server.

What I like to do is once I reach the player select screen, I login as admin by typing /#loginpassword

Then click enter.

8. I edited my post above. ^^^

9. Edited 7 years ago by Racetrack

U mean the screen when u select the Player/Slot on the availiable carachter?

When do I have to type that?
    Sry if I look soo dumb XD
    Can u post a screen?

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Do I have to type "\" as described in this guide?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands

10. You need to be connected to the server in the lobby (or in game) - type / then #login myPassword

You must have an admin password defined in your server.cfg file
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

11. Ok, I'll made my self the file with notepad then I'll report for result here..

Thank you very much

12. Yep put the file in the root A3 directory and add this to your server startup: -config=server.cfg

13. Ok this is what I did and what happened immediately next:

1) I created succesfully the "server.cfg" file which is correctly read by "arma3server.exe", what I did is
    Ctrl C/Crtl V this to a new file changing some lines...
    This is from where I took the file: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

2) I created a shortcut pointing the "arma3server.exe" adding all the mods (-mod=@ bla bla) and the
    confing (-config=bli bli blo blu)

3) Server is working nicely and all players ( I tried with 3 differents Clients) can connect and play.

4) I tried succesfully to connect as administrator using the password I've setted up in the "server.cfg"
    tipying "#login myPassword" in the chat.

5) I have created an ALiVE mission with all the modules setted as "Persistent".

6) The mission run nicely and all players can connect and play.

7) All players can disconnect sing the ALiVE menu and the game shows the write " Player progress saved"

8) I opened a new account on WarRoom and I've setted up a new server tiping 100% correctly this:

- Server name= The exactly server name showed in the "server.cfg" as
    well in the Arma 3 Server Browser list, without any other "" or ''.

- Hostname= The exactly server name I read tipying "hotsname" in the
    Command Prompt, without any other "" or ''.

- IP Address= The IP address of my router (obvioulsy not my LAN address) updated to the new one
    cause mine is Dynamic.

- I've downloaded and placed the file "alive.cfg" showed in the "Server setup instruction" (from the war
    room site) in my Arma 3 root directory (also i tried placing it in the AppData/local/blabla).
    Obvioulsy I unlocked the file before placing it.

- As an Admin I can click on "Server Save&Exit", when I do first I see players disconnecting showing
    the write "Player Progess Saved", then I see the ALiVE console popping up and writing things making
    me thinking that is saving, before it close I can read like "ALIVE DATA SYS ERROR".

The only thing that I did not was to add a new line like "-config=alive.cfg", do I have to?

Because rigth now War Room is blind on my server....

Thanks very much

14. I noticed now that this Topic is called "[SOLVED]"

It isn't can you remove that? To make many more people (maybe) read?
    Thanks

15. You can remove the solved tag yourself I'm pretty sure.

Also it may be worth you posting your server rpt to Dropbox or pastebin or whatnot from when you attempt a save so a dev can see what's going on.

16. Thanks, dunno where I can find the rpt..

God this is hard for me eheheh

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It would be located in the root of your Arma 3 server directory. Off the top of my head (it's been awhile since I needed to post a rpt) it will say something like timestamp.rpt (the timestamp being the date you launched the server).

I use TADST so my rpt files are located in a folder in my Arma 3 root called "TADST." I'm not sure honestly where the directory would be located for manually created servers but if you set it up yourself, it should be easy enough for you to find.

Also, you're running @aliveserver on your server, correct? And have alive.cfg in your Arma root?

18. Tupolov

17 Jun 2016 Administrator

You need to follow the instructions on the War Room server setting... here is an excerpt on validating your install:

Validating the setup (optional)
    Step 1 	Windows Users: Download and install BareTail (log monitor) 	
    Step 2 	Launch Arma3server.exe (or your Linux dedicated server) with the @ALiVE and @ALiVEServer in the mod line on your dedicated server. Ensure the ALiVEServer addon has been downloaded into the Arma root folder 	
    Step 3 	Launch your arma3.exe as normal (with @ALiVE but no need for @ALiVEServer on your client) 	
    Step 4 	Run any MP mission (with the Database Module placed) on your dedicated local server and connect with your client, go into the game 	
    Step 5 	(on your dedicated server) In baretail (or Linux text editor) open ARMA3ROOT/@ALiVEServer/aliveplugin_DATESTAMP.log 	
    Step 6 	(on your dedicated server) In baretail (or Linux text editor) open Arma3Server RPT usually users/username/appdata/local/Arma3/ 	
    Step 7 	Check for the arma3server.rpt for CONNECTED TO DATABASE OK 	
    Step 8 	Go to alivemod.com War Room, under Live Data Feed you should see a message stating your mission was launched. If not, check Your Group page.

if you have done that post your logs here

19. I AM A DUMB

I was not making the "Arma3server.exe" Running the "@Aliveserver"

Now it works, only have problems with Persistent tasks that don't persist but it's ok..

Thank you very much all of you for the patience

or Sign Up to reply!