groups spawn and targets

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 For debugging use
    Module Options >> Virtual AI System >> Enable Profile Debug
    This will show all profiles on the map

Sort of, invasion commanders prioritize capturing objects they don't control so at the start of the mission you'll see a very large clash of units as the commanders send a lot of units towards the enemy's objectives.

I'm currently in the middle of overhauling virtual combat so that number may drop slower in the future, but in the end it's caused by how the commanders operate.

Oh cool. Thanks for continuing to improve the way the systems work.

But all in all, as it stands now, over time (seeing as they are mirror images of eachother aside from Invasion vs. Occupation) should the mission be pretty "fair." Or should I increase the occupying force size a bit to counter the initial blow?

I guess I'm wondering if the Occupying force will always be at a disadvantage to an Invading force and thus, would need larger numbers to fend the invaders off. You mentioned this happening just at the beginning so if that's the case, I could see it balance back out once the occupiers get their BCR's.

How do you go about it? Two Occupation or Invasion commanders instead? Operation Landlord is probably pretty similar to what I'm working on so I may have to open that back up and see what you did.

3. If you're seeing the occupational side losing too often then yes that may be a good way to keep them afloat. Another strategy you could try is placing custom objectives at key points in the map such as surrounding airports so that the occupational side can retain high priority locations in order to call in reinforcements.

4. Good idea!!!!

5. ok just tried...confirmed it have same problem in SP. i teleported, and effectively there is nothing there!
    i really have no idea whats wrong....now i will try to re-make from 0 with no mods and try add ALiVE only when everything else is in place.
    really dunno what else do.

huge thanks for your help anyway ! i really appreciate !

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

But it's not happening to me. Enemies are there. They even head to the objective (sort of lol).

Verify the integrity of the game files maybe? It must be something simple. Are you on dev branch or stable? CBA and ALiVE are up-to-date?

Also, I only had ALiVE and CBA loaded at the time. I had no other mods whatsoever loaded at all.

7. Within 60-90 seconds, these numbers plummet. To like 80 vs. 55. Why? What could possibly cause so many profiles to get eliminated so quickly?

I've often seen groups of both sides spawning at the exact same location, so it just becomes a mad point blank blood bath. Maybe that's what's happening here?

8. Probably.

9. Will try tonight on empty mission, to just put alive required, commanders and obj. Will try verify cache. Im on stable. Will let you lnow tonight ! Thanks !

10. Yesterday i got out, will try tonight ! Sry for the waiting !

11. Hello ! Yesterday was not at home...so still no test. BUT ...tonight i will have time for sure....so...a couple of things, for better testing : having blu hq in south east altis A-shaped airstrip, and red in Molos (north east )...whats the best way to make both army clash for the middle east of Altis ? 1 sinfle marker with military and civilian obj ? Many custom obj ? Thanks !

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

For what you're looking to do many custom objectives with high priority numbers laying right on or next to each other.

13. ok, i finally was able to do tests....no way, for me still bugged. now red spawns units and blue not even a single unit.
    i noticed that on local server it works. so problem is just on dedicated server.
    really dont know whats wrong !

14. At this stage I think a dev may need to test the mission. The one I tried had all vanilla assets so assuming that's still the case, post it back here.

Can you post the server rpt too?

15. sure, here is the final version of mission. dedicated server is the problem. debug is ON to help see the problem.
    http://www.filedropper.com/dlegionmissionalive

the rpt of the server where is located ?

16. I can tell you where it is if you use TADST (in the TADST folder in your Arma root) but otherwise I'm not sure. Wherever your sever is stored in your computer.

17. here it is the RPT of the server!
    http://www.filedropper.com/arma3server2016-06-2523-26-25
    now the blu got 12 groups... and red 0 . seems like my PC is joking me.
    or blue get troops and red 0, or red get troops and blue 0.
    its tragic :(

18. Ok...i ve narrowed a bit the problem: seems that it dont spawn units of the side of the player. At least i did 4 server reebots, 2 times blu and 2 times red, and always spawned the correct amount of groups of the opposite faction of the player ! What is more strange is that server has auto initialization, so there is a time where server is up and running, and no player inside ! Mah !

19. Ive also Anorher problem...dunno if its related, but at this point better name it. On dedicated server, with that mission my friends get desync 100000 (making it unplayable ) . may it be related somehow ? Thanks guys for your help !

20. New day...new tests !! Today i deleted custom objectives and at theyr place put military objective with a generic 100 units spawn. Unbelivable ...but seems to work !!! More test in next days,...for now i really thank you guys, for your help and patience ! Thanks !!!

21. Hmmm.

Could you place a few custom objectives and see if the issue comes back???

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!