groups spawn and targets

1. 7 years ago

hi all! due to some problems with desynd after 1.60 update, i noticed just today that my units do not spawn/attack normally.
    i mean...
    i have a custom objective as "base", spawning 12 groups (4 infantry, 4 mechanized, 1 tank, 2 specops,1 motorized), and a commander set on " occupation".
    seems blu spawn more groups than it should, while red spawns no groups at all. debugging them, they spawn a number of squads near to the right number, but often not the correct one (12).

the second problem is that this groups never attack other objectives. debugging commanders, i got a strange write :
    "TACOM message received: ["no groups avaible"]"

arent 12 groups not enought to assault something??? (considering noone its menacing base)

thx for any help!

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Assuming you are using a compatible faction and writing it correctly in the force faction line, the TACOM error you're seeing tends to be caused by trying to force a group that doesn't exist within the faction.

Example: If I try to force a Motorized group with Massi's Middle East Insurgents, I see this error. The reason being that specific faction only has infantry groups (why I don't know!). Make sure the faction you're using actually has tanks and spec ops groups (etc) before trying to force them.

If no groups are spawning at all, look over your spelling, make sure the faction is compatible with ALiVE, and also make sure you're not blacklisting the area where you want the faction to spawn.

Try that stuff and see if that fixes the other issues. If not, I have some other ideas but let's get the error solved first.

3. I double checked...everythig seems correct. Its strange i have to debug to make them spawn....and i discovered that setting the commander on "invasion " (instead of actual "occupation ) makes some units move.... Cant understand !

4. Could you list your mods and scripts please? I had a similar issue a month or two ago. Are you seeing any errors in the editor at all?

5. Usually i use ace and alive (and cba ) ...but the problem seems to persist with no mods at all ! No scripts makes no difference too

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm trying to understand your problem a bit better. I want to focus on the spawns and the numbers changing when you use debug first. I've had this problem before and it was caused by a couple of things. Could you explain very clearly what is happening?

Here's what happened to me so maybe this will make more sense: I was having an issue with the "correct" numbers of units only spawning when the civ/mil obj modules had debug turned on. With debug off the numbers fluctuated drastically.

Highhead (ALiVE dev) took a look for me and we narrowed down the cause to a couple things.

1. ARP2 Objects was shooting an error at mission start
    2. I was using 2 Civilian Placement modules because I wanted a lot of civs

He told me to drop ARP2 and delete one of the Civ Placement modules and he was right, the issue went away.

ALiVE does not like startup errors, and in this case, duplicate modules competing to accomplish the exact same thing.

So this is happening with JUST CBA and ALiVE? Can you describe the issue a bit better and share the mission file? Or, try deleting and replacing the modules in the vanilla-only mission and seeing if the problem goes away?

7. well...first of all....very, very ,very THANKS for your help!

i tried vanilla and problem persist.

i have a custom objective for red in molos airfield. 12 total units spawn (4 infantry, 4 mechanized, 1 tank, 2 specops,1 motorized).
    same for blue at south east of altis ,at the A-shaped airfield. then a marker.

here is the mission.

http://www.filedropper.com/xdeletetestaltis

look yourself....blu spawn a lot of units (not always the required amount, while red spawn 3-5 units usually.
    thanks!

8. want to know a thing ? i got huge troubles on many fronts (like the desync to 100000) since patch 1.60
    its where all the evil things started. damned it, and the developers that made it.
    seriously i'm tired to solve problems.

anyway thanks for your help man, seriously appreciate!

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

What are the mod requirements? Just CBA and ALiVE?

I'll try to take a look tonight (no promises). I should have time to take a peak though.

10. Really thanks man ! Yes just CBA and ALiVE . i removed ace, hope i uploaded correct version

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hey sorry I didn't have a chance to test this yesterday. I had ample time too. So get this, I'm working on one of my missions and then BAM the power goes out. It was out for awhile.

So my power turns back on a couple hours later and everything seems ok on my PC. I load Arma back up and all of my custom keybinds, graphics settings and profile settings were back to default.

So I load up the mission I was working on and I was like cool, well at least that works. I open it up and run the profile counter and OPFOR has like 6 groups. LOL! WTF? They're supposed to have 50! Civilians were spawning in my base and the call to prayer was playing in this horrible sounding delay. :(

I ended up fixing it by opening and closing all the modules and deleting and replacing a few but that was so damn strange. Hopefully tonight I'll have time to take a peek.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok, so I had a chance to look at the mission and when you get it done, I bet it will be fun! It's a neat idea. :)

So, I actually can't duplicate the problem with the no groups spawning thing. I use a profile counter code and the lowest I saw was around 26 groups for OPFOR and as high as 32. I have found that this kind of fluctuation is kind of normal in ALiVE even when you manually set the numbers as you did, so a dev would have to explain why. But everything seems ok.

I tried a few different things. I turned off the debug to your OPCOM. Then I turned it off in the Virtual AI module. Then I changed the OPFOR to Occupation and still, between 26-32 groups are always spawning for me.

Here's a link that seems to work fine with all debug options off: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpjgzx3nbqoi8up/X_DELETE_TEST.Altis.zip?dl=0

Two quick things:

1. In the green marker where you want both sides to attack, add several more custom obj modules with the 999 priority as you already have. I'm not quite sure if ALiVE is designed to excel at the kind of mission you're making, but try adding more of the cust obj modules right next to each other and see if it helps both sides "bring it."

2. I see you credit Xeno in the mission. Like, is this Xeno, Xeno? Like the same Xeno that makes the repair/rearm script I use in most of my missions? If so tell him I love his script! :)

13. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  14. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

200 == 200 units, not profiles. Mission start numbers are intentionally "fuzzy", in my mind to probably replicate the fact that actual warfare never involves a 1:1 conflict in terms of fairness. Any deeper response will have to come from a more senior dev. However, they should be close enough for the conflict to have either side win.

I also don't get how OPFOR can start with 90 Profiles, and be set to Packets for reinforcements (which is supposed to replenish at 75% of initial forces) and even get down to 52 Profiles. Isn't 25% of 90 62 forces? Why are they allowed to get so low?

Logistics takes time and isn't an instant process. Once levels are below 75%, the next OPCOM cycle will then trigger a call for reinforcements, which even at that point aren't an instant arrival.

15. Spyder you're quick! LOL! I was hoping to rephrase my questions tomorrow after I found a way to make everything more clear (I have a tendency to have lots of questions all at once and even confuse myself when reading what I write sometimes).

I deleted the post because it even confused me when I read it. Thanks for sussing through it and getting me a reply. I'll re-write the question I had asked tomorrow so it will make more sense to DLEGION when he pops back in.

16. Thanks guys !! I really appreciate you help ! Well when tonight i get back home i will check your link and report back....for now i really dont know whats wrong !

17. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks Spyder. Yeah it would make sense the systems would be better with "fuzzy" troop numbers. That does seem more realistic. I guess for whatever reason I had assumed you could control it more with overrides and custom objectives but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Regardless, I prefer it fuzzy. That makes sense. But here's something I'm seeing maybe you could clarify? I think it directly related to this thread in a way.

I have done my best to make a BLU_F vs. OPF_F battle on Altis getting as close to 100 Profiles on each side as possible on mission start. I have the profile speed at 75% (50% seems broken right now. It automatically changes to 25% after you close the module). Anyway, the troops start at around 107 vs 96 or whatnot. Within 60-90 seconds, these numbers plummet. To like 80 vs. 55. Why? What could possibly cause so many profiles to get eliminated so quickly?

This is a Occupation vs. Invasion mission. Other than that and the 8-man player group, OPF_ F and BLU_F are mirror images. Should I set them both to invasion or both to occupation to at least keep the battlefield populated long enough so I can make it to an objective? LOL! I'm not even done in the Arsenal before 1/3 of the battlefield is dead.

What's weird is: I usually make Assymetric vs. Invasion and the profile numbers stay very even on both sides for hours as the Insurgency grows. But those missions don't tend to have tanks and shit like this conventional one does either. :)

Is that normal for Conventional vs. Invasion? For profiles to get wiped away so fast after the mission begins?

18. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

heey!
    i'm tring the mission: first thing, i play it on dedicated server.
    second thing : how you know whit debug off how many groups spawned ? (in singleplayer or local MP i execute the code you game me, but here on dedicated is not possible).
    anyway...as admin, making " activate marking units" , while BLU got something like 12 groups (more or less, i cant count them all as groups) the RED got nothing. i dont mean few, i mean nothing! zero!
    sry to boring you guys.... its just that doesnt work for me :(
    thanks !

19. I'm just using the code you're referring to. I didn't try it on a dedicated server.

Can you try 2 things for me?:

1. On the server, can you try physically teleporting to where the OPFOR are and see with your eyes if they are spawning. Or, debug the Virtual AI module (Commander Tablet\Module Options\Virtual AI Module\Turn degug on) instead and see if OPFOR appear?

2. Try the mission in SP to see if it acts better?

20. For debugging use
    Module Options >> Virtual AI System >> Enable Profile Debug
    This will show all profiles on the map

Is that normal for Conventional vs. Invasion? For profiles to get wiped away so fast after the mission begins?

Sort of, invasion commanders prioritize capturing objects they don't control so at the start of the mission you'll see a very large clash of units as the commanders send a lot of units towards the enemy's objectives.

I'm currently in the middle of overhauling virtual combat so that number may drop slower in the future, but in the end it's caused by how the commanders operate.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!