Persistent after restart?

1. 7 years ago

How do i get it to stay persistent after restart?

2. You need to register a dedicated server with ALiVE's War Room and enable persistence within the mission itself: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

I highly recommend you look over the wiki. It has a lot of useful information to get you started with ALiVE in general.

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS  You need to register a dedicated server with ALiVE's War Room and enable persistence within the mission itself: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

I highly recommend you look over the wiki. It has a lot of useful information to get you started with ALiVE in general.

I did everything it says but it does not stay persistent after i restart the mission.

4. Please make sure you are saving the mission with the ALiVE Save Server and Exit buttons and not the vanilla abort buttons.

You can verify your persistence setup by following the instructions on the ALiVE warroom server setup page.

5. @SpyderBlack723 Please make sure you are saving the mission with the ALiVE Save Server and Exit buttons and not the vanilla abort buttons.

You can verify your persistence setup by following the instructions on the ALiVE warroom server setup page.

I have a script where I can spawn in fortifications. Will they stay after I save and exit or no?

6. You can call

[ALIVE_SYS_LOGISTICS,"updateObject", _objectArray] call ALiVE_fnc_logistics;

when spawning the composition to save the objects.

7. @SpyderBlack723 You can call

[ALIVE_SYS_LOGISTICS,"updateObject", _objectArray] call ALiVE_fnc_logistics;

when spawning the composition to save the objects.

Can you explain to me exactly how I could use this to save things?

I sometimes in my missions spawn things using Zeus but I read in other threads that the object needs to be moved by the player before saving for later persistence. So, would somehow using that code save me from having to basically interact with every single object spawned?

8. That code is ran when a user drops an object. So running this code directly on an object saves you from requiring a user to interact with the item.

or Sign Up to reply!